Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers injury makes Georgia tight end room much more interesting in spring practice

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageBrock Bowers injury makes Georgia tight end room much more interesting in spring practice

Georgia tight end Brock Bowers will miss spring practice with a labrum injury, opening the door for other tight ends.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This spring will determine if we can keep Washington, Geode and or Seither or lose them to the portal

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well if Kirby handles this like the QB situation, Bowers just lost his job to the less talented guy…next up in transfer portal…bowers! Lol, j/k. But I wouldn’t put it past him

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 327 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bowers is used to missing things and then picking right back up better than ever. Remember he missed his entire senior season (due to COVID). I figure he was probably going to relinquish a lot of the reps anyway, being a known commodity and all.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

With or without BBowers surgery, the UGA TE room was going to be interesting this spring. Hopefully DWash is staying AND that Monken uses him more. The man is a weapon. I understand that DWash was coming off a foot injury. And big men can sometimes suffer recurring foot injuries. I understand that UGA wanted to handle DWash with kid gloves to ensure that he was available all season for the championship run. Now that Dwash is completely healed and conditioned for a bigger role you will see a break out year for DWash. With or without BBowers on the field. ODelp will have a role mostly spelling BBowers and may allow BBowers to play more slot for mismatches. How UGA has recruited the TE position should be reassuring to AGilbert that he is a WR now. AGilbert is being counted on to be a big contributor this season at WR. Should be fun to watch.

• Options
    doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Forgetting Arik Gilbert? Won't he get some tight end reps?

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You really don’t have a clue. BTW…..Kirby frequently states that EVERY position is up for grabs EVERY week. Clearly, JT didn’t earn his starting position back at UGA….and the same was true at USC. I’m starting to see a pattern here. At least at UGA he lost his position as a starter to the #3 QB in the country while at USC their QB was #82 this past season. Good grief pal….let it go.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are clearly a troll. I don’t think winning by a score of 34-7 vs Florida makes one believe that Bennett, in your words, “almost lost the game”. Wow…that’s a stretch and sounds like nonsense to me even if our defense played a huge role in the win.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you look, I said J/K, which means just kidding you old fart! I wasn’t implicating Bennett, I was referencing the QB room as a whole…Eason and Fromm, Fromm and Fields, etc. Everybody, including you Jimbo, have questioned Kirby and the Qb situation over the years bc you comment on everything…lighten up bud, go have a beer!