Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN stresses importance of Georgia-Oregon game while questioning 2022 Georgia schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageESPN stresses importance of Georgia-Oregon game while questioning 2022 Georgia schedule

Georgia football opens the 2022 season against Oregon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Heather Dinich is devoid of any passion for the game and is one of the most boring interviews in the business. Honestly, couldn't care less what she thinks. A robot can spit out the same talking points.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This was not really a story? Our commenters are better than she. What's up Connor?

• Options
    SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Connor doing what Connor does...reporting nothing, reporting on old news, passive aggressive attacks on UGA, or simply bad writing. How he made it through basic college English and Journalism school, if indeed he did, is beyond all imagination.

• Options
    doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

As a long time season ticket holder, this ties into our home scheduling - which has been/is terrible! In recent years (exception to ND), the really marquee games are played away from Athens - i.e., Charlotte, the Benz, Jacksonville. And with the way teams in the east are today (TN, SC, FL, Aub - Vandy always stinks), leaves very few (if any) good home games. It hurts recruiting, devalues season tickets, and negatively impacts the economy of Athens/Clarke County, GA. (have heard $30-35 million impact for FL game that goes to Jacksonville - wouldn't expect that much to Athens but you get the picture).

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unless you do a home and home, many of these marquee opponents want to play on a neutral field. UGA should throw Athens a bone (no pun intended) by bringing FU to Athens every other year. Never understand giving up probably the best recruiting weekend of the season every other year. You are giving AL a 12.5% advantage recruiting every other season.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So far, I see absolutely no evidence that Georgia's (so-called) less-than-stellar home schedule has hurt recruiting, unless the expectation is that we will sign the #1 recruiting class EVERY year. So far, we're doing just fine in recruiting, even with the Florida game being played in Jacksonville and no "marquee" home conference games. If it ain't broke . . . Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not true on recruiting. Loved road games as a player. Most of the guys you bring in haven't left their State. It's actually a plus to play in those venues, especially when you have ESPN College GameDay and SECN coverage as they did at ND, JAX and Charlotte.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe that advantage is a gross over-estimate. UGA recruits a lot of Georgia players. Kids raised in this state (and other states) are well versed in the UGA vs FLA Game and the history of the venue. It is probably the reason some of these kids go to UGA and not FLA. LOL

I don't see how moving that game to home and home would improve recruiting or the mystique of the rivalry. Every kid knows that's going to be the game circled every year and being a neutral game encourages special coverage by the sports networks. EXPOSURE..EXPOSURE..EXPOSURE

For South Georgians, it IS a home game. LOL. Athens and Atlanta are a lot further away than Jacksonville.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oregon, South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn: Most likely four or more of those teams will end up ranked.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ehhh I'd set the O/U at 3 there. Oregon, Kentucky and quite possibly Tennessee. Then it's a question of how much you believe in Auburn (yikes), Florida (brand new staff, not the fullest cupboard) and SC (possibly the best chance of the three, which is saying something).

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod
  • Options
    SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Did I touch a nerve Karen/Ken? Did I hurt the little snowflake Connor fanboy/girlfriend/boyfriend's feelings? I love the challenge of "post your own article and let us compare. I'll wait...." statement. So if I do not like a haircut because the stylist was bad or a meal because the chef couldn't cook, I should change professions so that I can prove that they did not know how to do their jobs?! Really? If you can comprehend what he writes but do not see the subtle attacks on the Dawgs or the poorly constructed sentences, then you might want to go back to grade school. I doubt you understand just how ridiculous your statement is. But I would bet soups to nuts that I can profile your education, your voting record, and what your Truck bumper stickers say.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I will say this, because credit is deserved if criticism is also given. Connor wrote what I think was his best piece ever a day or 2 ago on Matthew Stafford. It was a **** good piece and he hit the highlights well of his time at UGA and in the NFL. I expected him to not be aware or to not mention several things he did mention. There are a lot of typos still, even in headlines, obviously doesn't read what he wrote before he publishes it still and grammar errors here and there That is more and more common in that field unfortunately. I do a better job in my comments and I am not getting paid a dime lol! But really good write-up on Stafford. Kudos Connor

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby Smart's perspective, as I understand it, is to focus on performance, focus on winning all the time. I suspect that if the Dawgs do that, they'll be just fine

• Options
    LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

All the jaxville haters need to understand that the game's location is a strategic recruiting trip for both schools. UGA-located in northern GA ... gets to bring in kids from South GA and North Fla to these games as unofficial visits because it's close enough for them to get to the game on their own if needed, as well as UF-located more centrally in the state of Fla.... can get kids from the same areas to come as well. If the kids go to the game on their own dime, and a few other rules need followed about contact with coaches, blah blah blah lol...then it is not considered an official visit and yet both schools get to showcase that gameday atmosphere and of course they will have some GA's reach out to them to make sure they are "taken care of for the game", followed by a possible sideline appearance or a locker room visit or other behind the scenes things .... not considered part of an official visit.

Now the most important part of the location in Jaxville is that.... it's not on either schools campus!!! Therefore yet another powerful reason for a no official visit classification for the game day!! Yay!!

Does that help Dawg fans?

GO DAWGS!!