Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football loses commitment from 2023 cornerback Kayin Lee

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football loses commitment from 2023 cornerback Kayin Lee

Kayin Lee, a 2023 cornerback prospect from Ellenwood, Ga., has backed off his commitment to Georgia. The 4-star prospect announced the news via his Twitter account.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“After talks with God and my family, I’ve decided to recommit from the University of Georgia,”

Um....

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“After talks with God and my family, I’ve decided to recommit from the University of Georgia,” Lee’s edit said. “I know God will show me where to go and where my future will land me.”

sounds good to me..see ya in the fall! LOL

• ErminErmin Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

“After talks with God` - wow

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I talked to God yesterday and he told me that Lee's best option was to play for Smart and Muschamp. So, I don't know what he's talking about. Maybe he was talking to the Devil in disguise and didn't know it. LOL

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

REcommit??? Either just another in a long list of typos or a Freudian slip. I’ll go with the latter.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The "recommit" thing is actually a typo on the part of the story's author. If you read the actual post, you'll see that the kid actually said, "decommit." Not sure how the typo was made, but clearly the story wasn't proofread before it was published. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Many coaches leaving makes these youngsters shaky in their commits. He may be back..happens all the time.

• vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm sure Coach Brown will work to get him back to UGA.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2022

God is rarely early, is never late, but is always on time! Best of luck Kayin! Do not be fooled by the paths that dangles carrots of fun, easy money, women, easiness, laziness, coasting, drugs, etc. Choose the one God has for you and usually, that is the harder one. But do not be afraid or have doubt if you can do it or if you WANT it. You want it! That path is the one that will GROW you, mature you and lead you to be the son, man, husband, father, person that you were meant to be. The easy path will not do that. It will bring mediocrity, the opposite, lost time and/or worse! Nothing worthwhile comes easy. Do not be fooled by the lure of easy money, fame, women, bunch of fun and lack of rules or discipline, etc. Nothing worthwhile comes easy. The path may be hard at times and it is narrow, but it is THE MOST REWARDING and you will be the best you for it. May you and all of us find it sooner rather than later.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish him the Very best. Hope he will come back to be a Dawg. But it’s his life to live as he see’s fit. Going to God and then his family is wise counsel. When I have decisions that can alter my life forever I sure want to as the ole song says Have A Little Talk With Jesus !! No amount of $$ can buy piece of mind. And should he choose to come back to UGA then he will be a much more solid Dawg, having at that point fully bought into the program. It’s gotta be incredibly tough on these young men to feel their making the right decision. As Dawgs fans we see every thing in red & black. We already believe in Kirby as a HC and we believe in UGA as a successful program that’s only gonna go up. But we must all remember that it’s Much tougher to make these decisions as a player. The wrong decision could throw their whole life on the wrong track. He’s doing the right thing.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

Lol someone voted me down because I believe a person has a right to make their own decisions. And sometimes that decision might be else where or other than the Dawgs a team I dearly Love and have loved and supported most all my life Of Course I want as many of the best players to come here !! But I’m not gonna line em up in front of a firing squad if in Their heart and mind they elect to go else where !! Or the down vote was because I Believe in having a talk with the Lord most Especially about decisions that can affect my life forever. So if that’s why the down vote or a combination of both it’s really no big deal. Just a reaction from a selfish and shallow person more than apt. Only time I’m gonna react to a guy rejecting UGA to go else where is if they kick the offer from the Dawgs in the teeth in the process as That is uncalled for. But it IS Their life, not ours, to live as They see fit not us. I don’t know of anyone who loves the Dawgs any more than I do or wishes them success. I just understand and appreciate we’re not gonna get all recruits. And as long as they turn down the offer with class to go else where why should I be Angry with them ?? Even if they reject UGA in a **** way we think it’s funny when a recruit does that to another school to come here, and he probably gets the DGD status before he’s even played a snap in practice lol !! So down vote away it doesn’t put anything on my kitchen table or take anything away either. I just think it’s Silly when Some and I stress that I believe tiny Some, think a guy has a obligation to come here or else he’s a bad person if he doesn’t. That’s selfish, childish, and shallow. Again I Could see some angst IF the guy told UGA to stuff their offer or some thing **** like that as they go else where. But we would tend to cheer for a guy for doing that to another school, and Yeah I’m guilty so I’ve had plenty times where I’VE been selfish, childish, shallow to lol !! Want me to down vote myself ?? 😀