Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dawgs fans sound off on staff turnover, game day, basketball, more

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageDawgs fans sound off on staff turnover, game day, basketball, more

Dawgs fans have a lot on their mind, ranging from staff turnover to the game day experience to Georgia’s basketball implosion.

Read the full story here

Comments

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Whichever way the SEC alligns, I hope Kirby DEMANDS we get our stolen home game back from Auburn.

• adcdadcd Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

We still play Auburn at home. We just want the stolen Saturday back, the last SEC game of the season.

• Stephenbox79Stephenbox79 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

The most Georgia thing ever would be to hire a guy who has never been a head coach. Spare the Kirby was never a head coach stuff. In basketball there are LOTS more opportunities to go hire a proven head coach. But that’s just not the Georgia way and it’s pathetic. If we hire Jonas Hayes then Josh Brooks should just be honest with the fans and admit that basketball is not a priority at UGA.

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ll have to say that outside football, UGA is struggling to field consistently winning teams in the other focal sports - baseball, BB (both men’s and women), and gymnastics. WBB consistently falters in the 2nd half of the season, which is conference play - indicating the good results in the first half are against inferior talent. UGA has to get the MBB right this time because the performance has been bad and is now just embarrassing. Baseball hasn’t consistently been above average and with all of the talent in close proximity to UGA, the continued under achievement is inexcusable

• DawgNoleDawgNole Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

BK: ". . . I’m just hoping they increase the number of conference games played each year from eight to nine . . . ."

BINGO!

A logical solution to many scheduling difficulties--and loooooooooooooooooong overdue.

• SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

Unfortunately the loyal football fans are not rewarded for their loyalty. We travel as well as anyone to support the Dawgs as well as show up and pay dearly for a horrible annual home schedule . The attractive HOME games end up in Atlanta , Charlotte or Jacksonville and we are lucky to have one a year in Athens . When we do have a home and home outside the SEC you can bet we will travel first and usually not rewarded in Athens for a few years . We even have to travel first to the SEC west opponent . As for Sanford where do I start . The concessions are terrible . The lines are ridiculous pregame , during game, halftime it doesn’t matter . How in the hell do you run out of product before halftime ? As far as the cell and internet that is an easy fix and anyone who has traveled any other stadium knows this . The problem is we are treated terrible and nobody cares . The rest of the country hears how loyal of a fan base the Dawgs have . They have no idea .

• DawgNoleDawgNole Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Stephenbox79: "In basketball there are LOTS more opportunities to go hire a proven head coach. But that’s just not the Georgia way . . . ."

Our most recent hire was a proven head coach. How has that worked out?

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great mailbag as usual Bill, thank you for your thoughts and commentary!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe the only reason the SEC hasn't gone to a 9 game conference schedule, is that, it would give other Power 5 Conferences, that play a weaker schedule, a competitive advantage with respect to the CFP. For example; When is the last time you saw a truly competitive PAC Conference Championship?

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In reference to the first question, I heard from a VERY reliable source that coaching the secondary at UGA is the hardest position group coaching job in the nation. They say Kirby’s expectations are absolutely brutal and coaches take the job knowing it’s not a long term move but that if they can hack it for a year or two then they are really sharpening their skill set under one of the best defensive minds in the game.

• DzpDzp Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman
    edited February 2022

Have you heard of the rivalry version of the schedule? Each team would have 3 rivalry teams they play every season. It's different than a pod because the teams aren't the same. Example: we would have Florida and Auburn as 2 of ours, but Auburn would get Alabama on it's list. It's definitely my favorite solution!

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't think UGA ticketholders and their game experience are really that high of a priority, especially short-term as somebody will buy them the minute season ticket holders do not renew. But I mean Bill talks about them every time he writes on all kinds of topics, he slips them in, because he is one. But ticket sales have been better than ever and tickets harder and more expensive to come by. Supply and demand. Demand has been on the rise for a LONG TIME. With zero sign of slowing down...

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

True, but it would be to everyone's advantage, including the university's, to fix the problems.

Go, Dawgs!

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia is paying Tom Crean $3.2 million a year because 20 years ago he signed Dwyane Wade.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bill, do the math. When Oklahoma and Texas join the league, ONLY ONE TEAM FROM THE WEST MUST BE MOVED TO THE EAST in order for it to be an even number in each division.

There are currently 7 teams in each division. A 16-Team league would need 8 in each division.

West: 7 teams, minus Auburn (who moves to the East), leaves 6. Then add Texas and Oklahoma, it equals 8.

Auburn added to the East would be 7+1, or 8.

get it?