Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Mark Richt shares why he hired offensive line coach Stacy Searels twice, at Georgia and Miami

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageMark Richt shares why he hired offensive line coach Stacy Searels twice, at Georgia and Miami

ATHENS — Stacy Searels impressed coaches Mark Richt and Mack Brown so much that each hired the offensive line coach twice, and at two different schools apiece.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like Kirby is surrounding himself with the good old UGA coaching boy's club..in a good way. I see it as "fit" for Kirby. He is comfortable with them and their ability. He also contrasts them with some young new hires as well. All are good recruiters at least from their past positions. That is a Kirby must. Also, UGA should have a strong OL this time round. I expect to see much more production from the RBs. It will be interesting to see how the new hires get the job done. I know Monken will continue to perform at the highest level.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This was a pretty good hire in my opinion. Especially in coaching ranks that have been thinned out across the board with many teams already having got the cream of the crop. The O line is a place where you can’t really afford to trust a young inexperienced Coach, Unless your in the process of rebuilding the whole program any way. But UGA is far from rebuilding the program !! Reloading in some areas is a better picture of UGA. So you’d want a experienced and quality guy to come in for your O line coach. I think Coach Searels more than fits the bill !! Go Dawgs !!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Griffith at it again. "back when UGA was still known as RBU. " If UGA isn't RBU not sure who is. Alabama? Alabama is EverythingU with Saban recruiting #1 classes year after year after year (yes they were #1 classes the last 2 yrs after adding Williams, Toto, Gibbs, Ricks and Burton) . You would think that DawgNation would like to discourage trolling from everyone especially there own writers. Doesn't UGA have a renowned Journalism school? Isn't the 1st thing they teach in journalism school journalistic integrity and truth? Things evolve. RB by committee is the smart (no pun intended) way to play/protect your young men. Good OL hire.