Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

More Alabama excuses about UGA loss

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageMore Alabama excuses about UGA loss

Some Alabama folks still can’t accept the fact that the Crimson Tide was beat by UGA in the national championship game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Talk about hubris;..Williams!!!

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

BOO HOO!! UGA fought injuries all season. you lost Bama, move on.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sore losers. 33-18...

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Trophy's in the case, all the coulda, shoulda in the world can't change history. How bout them Dawgs, something tells me the Bama fans will be doing a lot more crying between A&M and Georgia in the future. Not taking anything away from Alabama, they will be formidable competitors for the foreseeable future but their dominance is over IMO....

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As I’ve asked over and over, “Does Alabama even have a 3rd string QB? Because that’s who beat y’all…with freshman receivers!”

Alabama tears are glorious…little bro done punched y’all inna mouth!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s really surprising to me to see both a player and the coach saying such things. UGA actually had more injuries than Alabama, including two very good receivers in Pickens and Blaylock. Saban just threw his players, whom he had full responsibility to prepare to be ready to play. I find it amazing that the greatest coach in the history of college football showed such poor leadership. A leader takes the blame.

then for the player to say that is insulting to the opponent. Good players, which he certainly is, just don’t usually wine like that. Different generation I guess.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Threw under the bus. *

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What Saint Nick is really saying is: “Alabama is no longer Alabama.” Time was a Nick Saban coached team was the most disciplined, most talented, and smartest most prepared team on the field. No excuses!! Blue chippers were stacked like cord wood at every position and if one, two or even three went down it was next man up and the only thing that changed was the number on the jersey.

No more! Saban and Bama nation are kidding themselves. Penalties from undisciplined play (procedure, offside, personal fouls) are about coaching and culture. So is not having every player ready to do their job.

I am thrilled to hear Saban making excuses, throwing players under the bus, and passing the buck! That’s not Saban the GOAT, that’s Saban the coach whose best days are behind him who will soon be handing his badge to the new sheriff in town, Kirby Smart!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somebody tell Saban and the rest of the gump chumps to have a coke and a smile, and ****! There’s more crying at Bama than at a nursery. Bunch of crybamas.

33-18

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

All the whining and poor-mouthing from the Bama apologists has been fueled by the players (Williamson, Metchie) and started by Coach Saban himself the day after the NC game!! Then carried on in this coaching clinic as covered by Mr. Carvell!

So what is Coach Saban teaching ….. how to blame your players 101 !? I get that his point is that the coach’s job is to that this outcome oriented personality needs to be recognized in the players and overcome by the coaches but……. Geez! What’s sad is that I don’t remember this kind of disingenuous tripe coming from Coach Saban before. Must be the beginning of the end!

Love the last line mic drop of the article….”Interestingly, Saban did not comment on his role or his staff’s role in preparing the young players.”

Boom! Great job, Mr. Carvell!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It has to ease the burden of all the other bama players who played in the game, knowing that they had no real role in the game.

• Options
    OldJeepBobOldJeepBob Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

IF Alabama had some ham, and some bread, it would have a ham sandwich.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's ok to feel that way...but ...lets just say our best pass rusher was out of the game and an All-American safety and a starting CB we were counting on were injured and let's just say we were starting a former walk-on QB who a year had been told by coaches "they couldn't ever see him starting at UGA", and let's just say we were starting 3 freshmen at receiver and TE.... I suppose we could have some good excuses for losing, if we had lost.

BUt we didn't!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

If, if, if= Excuses by the losing fans, players, and coaches..nothing more.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let 'em talk with their focus on last season. Kirby has already stated, on numerous occasions, that he is not really into the "trophy tour." It is a distraction that has nothing to do with this season. Yup!