Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Matt Luke talks about his shocking decision to leave UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 11,133 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageMatt Luke talks about his shocking decision to leave UGA

Former UGA offensive line coach Matt Luke spoke for the first time after his stunning resignation from the Bulldogs last month.

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably says more about his kids being happy in thier present schools then what mom and pop want. THe reason he quit was to enjoy and particiapte more with his kids. ANyone who has raised kids and made a move to a new location when they are happy at their present location knows the angst that goes with that.

• RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

Still thinks he looks like Meatloaf. Kudos to him for choosing family. Too many choose the other.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

Best of luck in your future Mr. Luke, enjoy your family while you can, time goes by fast. I was born in Athens (long ago), and have watched it grow bigger, and bigger over the years since then. So I can understand why he's keeping his family here. There's not a better place than Athens to call home! Then again, I am biased lol

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

Athens, GA, blessed by God that's for sure!

Student there in the seventies and, sure, a lot has changed. Along with all the incredible changes on campus, all the great places to go and enjoy one's favorite beverages with one's friends when I was there are all gone …. but downtown Athens has become the new Mecca for great socializing fun!

Yes, Athens is still a great community! To raise kids or to send them there! Two of my kids graduated from UGA in the 2000's.

So, I totally get why Coach Luke would want to stay there.

Remember, "All roads lead to Athens, GA" !!

Go Dawgs!

Allen's, TK Harty's, B&L Warehouse.. Those were just a few places to enjoy being with friends in Athens back then.

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the name of Jesus Christ enjoy and raise your children and family coach. Thank you for all your work and contribution on the OL coach with UGA.😎

Truly! Thanks for reminding me of some fun times,

Loved TK Hardy’s and Sonny’s (before the murder(!)) and then B&L and the Mad Hatter to go dancing. Also, Fifth Quarter, Poss’, Shrimp Boat, Jimbo’s and what was that place down by Riverview apartments that had all the decks built out over the river? Great place to go hang out in the Spring and Fall! Great places all!

I’m sure Coach Luke has more positive things to stay in Athens for now but there were some good times to be had by all back then! And we s*cked as a football team a lot of those years! How awesome would it be to be a student there now!?

Go Dawgs!

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Career football dude walks away at "infant" age in the profession. Sure. OK, so his agent/rep said "go make nice." Good advice but still silly if anybody actually swallows all of it.

Anybody want the over/under on whether or not he coaches again? Yeah, of course he's coaching again. Just not at UGA.

edited March 2022

O'Malleys..1 of my favorite spots back then. Ronnie B's on Baxter Hill, next door to Jimbos was also a nice place to spend time with friends. Davinci's pizza on Baxter was another good place.

O’Malleys…that was it! Thanks much! Been trying to remember that name! Didn’t remember Ronnie B’s but Davinci!s for sure. There was one other place across the street from Jimbo’s , gave away free peanuts and you just threw the shells on the floor. Great joint!

It’s a laundromat now…😂😅