Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NATIONAL FINISHERS DAY / NATIONAL OREO DAY

donniemdonniem Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Today’s Daily Double fits nicely with the Dawgs’ amazing performances at the NFL Combine, especially big # 99.

Finisher’s Medal Day on the first Sunday in March recognizes the long hours, days, weeks and even months of training thousands of men and women across the country have put in to achieve their goals of completing a race. It’s clear all of the Dawgs at the combine put in a ton of work to get to where they were able to unleash so many incredible performances. Hat’s off to them and everyone on the staff who had a hand in helping them get to this point. I think we can call the combine a “finish” although JD did say they weren’t done yet.

The second half of the Daily Double recognizes the favorite cookie in America. I trust JD will be able to enjoy one or two of these tasty items and not affect his weight too much.

NATIONAL OREO COOKIE DAY

Be ready to observe by having your glass of milk handy as it is National Oreo Cookie Day. This day is recognized across the nation each year on March 6th.

The Oreo sandwich cookie is made up of two chocolate disks containing a sweet cream filling and is loved by millions. Since its introduction, the Oreo cookie has become the best-selling cookie in the United States.

The National Biscuit Company (today known as Nabisco) first developed and produced the “Oreo Biscuit” in 1912 at its Chelsea factory in New York City. Today, the block on which the factory was located is known as “Oreo Way.”

• The name “Oreo” was first trademarked on March 14, 1912.
  • The first Oreo cookies in the United States sold for 25 cents a pound in clear glass topped novelty cans.
  • In 1912, the Oreo Biscuit was renamed “Oreo Sandwich.”
  • In 1948, the Oreo Sandwich was renamed “Oreo Creme Sandwich.”
  • William A. Turnier developed the modern-day Oreo design in 1952 to include the Nabisco logo.
  • Nabisco’s principal food scientist, Sam Procello, developed the modern Oreo cookie filling.

What’s your favorite way to enjoy an Oreo or three?

Dunk them in milk.

Crush them up and sprinkle them on ice cream.

Use them to make a delicious dessert

Share them with a friend.

Try a new flavor of Oreos.

Comments

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I finish almost every day, I wish I could say the same about having an Oreo…

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I make Oreo Balls. Crush a bag of Oreos, combine it with a block of cream cheese, and roll into balls. Put them in the fridge until they are cold then dip them into melted white chocolate.

• Options
    Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is no wrong way to eat an Oreo. @DvilleDawg i look forward to making Oreo Balls, I think I’ll save that recipe for a holiday treat. Thanks for sharing!