Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Georgia football is going to replace its 14 NFL combine participants

SystemSystem Posts: 10,680 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageHow Georgia football is going to replace its 14 NFL combine participants

Georgia football will have to replace the 14 players who shined at the NFL combine.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

Looks like we are not going to miss a beat, is what I am thinking!

Should also add D. Edwards, B. Robinson and L. McConkey to the mix of returning and/or new players to the offensive mix to replace and or bolster the offensive loss.

Also, looking forward to the incoming players on campus this spring and summer, both offense and defense, as potential developing playmakers!

I like our chances this fall!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm hoping Arik Gilbert also comes on strong -- it'd be great to see him thrive. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No disagreement, but don't be surprised to hear the following names come gametime, rotating in for depth and making solid contributions: RB- Daijun Edwards and Lovasea Carroll; DL- Nazir Stackhouse and Bill Norton; OL- Dylan Fairchild, Michah Morris, Amarius Mims. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

Lovesea Carroll was moved to DB. He has since transferred to South Carolina.. Article posted on DawgNation by Connor Riley on 1-24-2022

• Options

Imagine Darnell Washington and Gilbert on the field at the same time. Would be an absolute nightmare for an opposing DC.

• Options
  • Options

That would be a lot of fun, watching an opposing DC on the sideline, trying to figure out how to defend all 4 of those monsters!

• Options
  • Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm excited about our offense, and particularly the OL.

At WR, we have additional possibilities: Adrian Smith and Blaylock (if they come back well); Arik (assuming he'll be back and switches from TE); and Kearis, Ladd, Marcus and AD (all with more experience). Plus a full year of Washington and the addition of Delk in 2 or 3 TE sets should take more pressure of WRs than even last year.

Defense is going to be about as big and fast as last year. Of course we'll see a drop off from that incredible front 7, but Jalen Carter, Mondon and Sorey are superb talents!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

There will be less "showcasing" on the '22 D than we saw on the '21 D. With more "equal" talent between the 1's, 2's and even 3's (freshmen) UGA will very liberally substitute barring injuries. Biggest "drop off" will be on the interior DL. Expect to see TMarshall and RDavis up their games to claim their share of PT. Probably will not see any incoming transfers on D. Just sends the wrong message to the four Fr 5* DB's and the 3 Fr 5* DL. I find it curious about the Ratledge injury. What broken bone puts you out for the season? Thinking Lisfranc. Hopefully he fully heals and returns to form.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Conner Riley

I'm gonna poke this bear one more time. Everyone seems to want to ignore the obvious and I don't know why. The question has been posed to Mike Griffith a couple of times and his best response has been..."his Daddy said so", which is inadequate. The question is as follows:

If Stetson Bennett is, in fact, 24 going on 25...that means he was 19 when he went to the GHSA Playoffs and when he graduated. If I'm not mistaken, his age would have made him ineligible to play in 2016. Also, it would mean he turned 20 in October of his Freshman year at UGA (2017).

Did the GHSA make an age exception for Stetson Bennett in 2016 to allow him to play? My Brother was not allowed to play in his Senior year of high school due to his age.

As Paul Harvey would say..."What is 'the rest of the story?'".

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I won’t be surprised at all if we have a “generational” defense for the second year in a row! There were more defensive questions last year after the previous year’s departures than there are this year.

Stet had better come into spring and fall ready for a fight for QB1. Vandegriff is a bigger, stronger, and more athletic version of Stet. In Brock’s last year of high school, it was said he was like having an offensive coordinator on the field. If he has mastered the playbook, Stet could be in for a war. The fight should make both better.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, so excited to see these guys get back on the field and competing - this next season cannot come soon enough!

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Vandergriff looks bigger and stronger in the videos I've seen. I'm excited to see what he brings this spring! The young talented players on defense should be able to step in and play, but it may take time for them to develop into the type of defense we saw last year. That defense was more than talent, and they were talented, the connection they had was forged over three or four years together.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO...Vandergriff is going to be UGA's next great QB, but, the only way he starts next year is if Bennett gets injured or completely collapses. Not much chance of that. The kid's tough, experienced and talented. This will be Bennett's 3rd year under Monkin and I think they have a the kind of QB-OC bond you need to run a successful offense.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

V-A-N-D-A-G-R-I-F-F