Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NATIONAL WORSHIP OF TOOLS DAY

donniemdonniem Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NATIONAL WORSHIP OF TOOLS DAY   

March 11th is National Worship of Tools Day. This is a day to go out into the garage, the tool shed, the storage closet, or wherever it is you keep your tools. You can clean them, reorganize them, make something new with them or maybe go to the store and buy a new one.

It is hard to imagine the world without tools as they are a part of our daily lives. From the hammer, the screwdriver, and the wrench to the most sophisticated tools, they are necessary. Upon their use, they sometimes get rusty and need to be shined, they get dirty and need to be cleaned, they get dull and need to be sharpened. 

Tool enthusiasts know a good tool when they see one. Often, they have a favorite brand or style. And they never seem to have enough, either. Collecting them is nearly as important as using them. Another common discussion about tools is the borrowing of tools. From one neighbor to another, tools have been loaned, borrowed, and returned numerous times. The funny papers and the sitcoms humorously remind us of this from time to time. And sometimes, so do our neighbors. 

HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalWorshipOfToolsDay

• Spend some extra time shining up your tools or fixing them if they needed it. Taking care of your tools helps them last longer, which is a benefit for you.
  • Go shopping for new tools. You know there must be one you don’t have.
  • Get to work on your latest project and put your tools to work!

What is your favorite tool? What tool do you use the most?

Comments

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My husband feels this day to his bones.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just so happened that one of my readiness chores today was to sharpen all the blades on my chainsaws. Got a bit of a blow coming in this weekend and never know what might come down from it. I've also got hurricane season coming up so keeping the saws in top shape is a task that's not to be put off.

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a carpenter, I can get behind this. Especially the system DeWalt has created with their battery powered tools. Worth worshiping as I don't have to deal with cords and hoses as much anymore. Put them all in Milwaukee packouts and it's the best tool set up around.

• GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBones hope you won’t need em! You a hand filer or a grinder?

I recently got a 13” planer. Once I master no snipe, it’ll be my favorite. Til I get a band saw, anyway!

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hand. I've often had to re-sharpen blades in the field so learning to do by hand is more advantageous. Sure do appreciate those big planers and jointers. No longer have the room for them but when I did they were workhorses.