Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Walk-on Dan Jackson from ‘Chicken Capital of the World,’ to starting Georgia football safety

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageWalk-on Dan Jackson from ‘Chicken Capital of the World,’ to starting Georgia football safety

ATHENS — When Dan Jackson walked into the NFL atrium in Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall last week he did so in an unassuming manner.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jackson is a DGD!!!!

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I get that he was a walk-on but seriously, to have a starter not on scholarship is just plain wrong. You find one by giving him one.

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Jackson reminds me of a DB from the mid 1990s, fella by the name of Smart. But with more willingness to fling himself into the play. That Natty block was awesome.

What's interesting is how many times he was just a hair away from a fumble recovery or an INT.

Get him a scholarship. Please.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MG thanks for the feature on Jackson. All the good teams always have a guy like Jackson on their team that pushes and pushes until they are seen and heard on the field. I like this guy's attitude and what he does for the team. DGD!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't understand why giving a DB that plays as much as he does, a scholarship, is a problem. They gave one to Blankenship after one season and if I'm not mistaken, they only signed 20 or 21 scholarship players this year. They should have plenty to spare. Burton, Daniels and Brini leaving, opened up 3 spots and there was at least 1 more that I don't recall.

Curious.

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Currently 92 players on scholarship. Gotta get it down to 85.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 275 ✭✭✭ Junior

Change the # of scholarships that must be gottten down to 84 and give that already earned scholarship to Mr. Jackson. I would suggest he be then given the option of changing to jersey # 85.

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

I remember seeing him block the Arkansas punt. I was laughing because immediately after blocking the punt he can't see the ball and is looking everywhere for it. I also immediately thought, "who is this number 47 Jackson kid" as I didn't recall ever hearing his name mentioned before. The other memorable Dan Jackson moment of course was seeing him absorbing the hit (should it have been an Alabama penalty?) right before Kelee Ringo scored his pick six. He may not have a scholarship, but I bet he is doing okay with a championship ring and probably some good NIL deals.

• KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 76 ✭✭ Sophomore

I started noticing #47 last year not so much because of his big plays but just the fact when the whistle blows he's always around the ball. Just watch him, he gets flattened sometimes going against these monsters but he's right back at it next play. I'm like the Coach I love his effort. I also believe if Coach Smart wants a scholarship for Mr. Jackson, Mr. Jackson will have one. Sooner than later.