Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia coach Kirby Smart under pressure, facing challenges after national title season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia coach Kirby Smart under pressure, facing challenges after national title season

ATHENS — Georgia’s Kirby Smart might be under more pressure than any coach in college football on the heels of leading Georgia football to the CFP Championship.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“recent history suggests the odds are against Smart winning another championship any time soon at Georgia”… any time soon? I firmly believe that the Dawgs will make another run at it this year. We will see. Go Dawgs! 😎

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think a '23 run is much more likely to happen, after so many of these young defensive players get a season under their belts. But who knows, with a awesome looking offense shaping up, we may can outscore everyone on our schedule in '22.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anytime soon? Me thinks we’ll be making a run in ‘23, ‘24, etc. as long as that talent keeps stacking, Mike. Ask your buddy Jeff Sentell how things have been going there. While you’re at it, ask for tips on how to write original content once in a blue moon.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks 66! I certainly am not knocking Mike. There’s only so many angles when a HC holds his cards as close to the vest as does Kirby. That’s not a knock on Kirby. His way is working and I’m fine with different iterations of the same story while watching the Dawgs compete for championships. I am already looking forward to Mike’s version of this story next year. Imagine the “pressure” on Kirby to threepeat!

• Options
    cincydawgcincydawg Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Only two active coaches have multiple championships. OK, but only one other active coach has recruited as well as Smart has and he has 7 championships. I have very little doubt Kirby gets another and probably more than one more.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In the 10 years prior to UGa's win, only 5 schools have won the Natty AL, Clemson, LSU, OSU, FSU. Ten years is a pretty long time in coach years. 2 of those 5 have repeated. IF Smart does it, that will be 3 of 6. That's, er, 50%, pretty decent odds.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Number one, avoid the FSU scenario where the players slack off after winning a national championship. Number two, keep recruiting at a top level. Number three, keep elite talent away from the transfer portal. Number four, try not to lose too many assistant coaches, and when you do, find quality replacements.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Not. Kirby didn't get where he is with that mindset.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would say Dabo is under more pressure and he has more uncertainty within his program.

Will Georgia repeat in 2022? Not likely considering they just lost more talent than any program.

Kirby will win another NC within 2-3 years.