Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NATIONAL WEAR YOUR PAJAMAS TO WORK DAY

donniemdonniem Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NATIONAL WEAR YOUR PAJAMAS TO WORK DAY

Each year on April 16th, National Wear Your Pajamas To Work Day allows us a reprieve after meeting a late-night deadline shuffling receipts, and adding columns to file our taxes. 

While some people call this day “the best holiday of the year,” it was created for fun. Wearing pajamas to work creates a laid-back and relaxed atmosphere especially for those accountants, tax preparers, and last-minute filers. Wearing pajamas offers a little relief from the nailbiting and stress that often comes with filing taxes. The day helps to let go of the anxiety and offers a few more minutes of sleep for those who pushed the deadline to the limit.

Appropriate styles of pajamas would include tops and bottoms, of course. Wear the cozy flannel or snazzy silk. Cotton always breathes so well, too. Cartoon characters are always fun. But, be sure to cover your feet, too. Slippers or other footwear are required. 

HOW TO OBSERVE #WearYourPajamasToWorkDay

• Wear your favorite pajamas to work.
  • Make a party of it and coordinate with coworkers.
  • Don’t forget your fuzzy slippers and robe.
  • Award prizes to the one who wears it best.
  • Give a gift of pajamas to your tax preparer to show your thanks, even if that person is your dad or a close personal friend.
  • If you work from home, this is a prime opportunity to wear your pajamas and invite the rest of the world to enjoy the comfort of dressing down for the day.
  • Take group photos and post them use #WearYourPajamasToWorkDay to post on social media.

Now that I have watched the G-Day game and posted this, I can get out of my PJJ's and start the day!!

Comments

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been wearing my pjs to work every day since the pandemic started. I have no plans to stop.

• Options
    OldSchoolPupOldSchoolPup Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sounds like Westbrook, ME

Westbrook

Where the kids all wear their pajamas for school or work. Love to hang out near water because they can. Adults never grow out of the pajama thing either. Happy that the mill doesn't smell anymore!

I'm going to Westbrook today where are my pajamas.

by kitchenprincess October 16, 2008