Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jehlen Cannady, one of the surprises of G-Day, enters transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageJehlen Cannady, one of the surprises of G-Day, enters transfer portal

ATHENS — One of the more impressive players from G-Day, Jehlen Cannady, is now looking for playing time elsewhere as he has entered the transfer portal. Jordan Hill of Dawgs247 was the first to report the news.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

Cannady looked okay. I believe he was a walk on. As a walk on was there a scholarship involved? With Singletary and Humphrey , the 2 highest rated CB's recruited in the '22 class, coming this summer Cannady's best option is to try to find playing time elsewhere. He has some skills. Good luck to him.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“The guys that want to be here, we’re going to coach them,” Smart said on the transfer portal. “The guys that don’t, then we’re not going to chase after them."

What an arrogant p***k. If they transfer IN, they're cool. If they transfer OUT, they're scum.

The Little General can be a pain in the rear at times. Why not just move on and wish everybody well. No need to do the "those that want to be here" dance as if they've violated some sacred code of Dawg Land.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can probably speak for most people here when I saw "**** Dude?!?". Go somewhere else.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck to you. As an unrated walk-on with a championship team, competition will be intense and not everyone can or should stay.

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

If he was not on scholarship, his departure will not affect the 85 limit. Regardless we wish you well on your transfer

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MAybe he can pick up a scholarship somewhere else or am I missing something? We're over the limit as it is. So, a free ride and more playing time seems like a good deal to me. Good for him if he can get that.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Go get a scholarship!

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This. I mean if we can't even offer a scholarship to Dan Jackson, who actually started games last year, and played well. Then why stick around? No fault in him wanting a scholarship. Good luck to him.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best Wishes to him!

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was unhappy with this news until I saw that he was not on scholarship. Maybe his play during G Day offers him opportunities to get a scholarship that are not available at the University of Georgia. I do not fault him at all and I fully support his decision. I rarely agree with the transfer of player on scholarship. I feel that a financial commitment was made and agreed to but, in this case, do what is best for you and your family and be the best you can be.

Just not against us.......