Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

ESPN updates Georgia football rankings in ‘Way-Too-Early’ Top 25

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageESPN updates Georgia football rankings in ‘Way-Too-Early’ Top 25

Georgia football came in at No. 3 in ESPN's updated Top-25 rankings for the 2022 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen to the comments here thus far !! There truly IS Allot for Dawgs fans to be excited about with this team !! Rebuild ?? Nah, No way !! Reloaded is a much better word !! National Champs will be making yet another run to place Another trophy side by side in the trophy case !! Go Dawgs !!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was great seeing Arik playing Saturday! This young man looked like he was having a great time out there, and that was awesome to see.

GO DAWGS!

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry, but these rankings are laughable. Ohio State No. 2? Utah No. 4? I feel very comfortable giving these rankings a big ROFLMAO! 😉

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This TE group is the best Georgia has ever seen! Probably better than any team has ever had. We are blessed, and I expect to see some big plays this coming season! It is great to be a Georgia Bulldog!

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They list SEC teams as three of the top five and four of the last six, with zero SEC teams anywhere in between. Is there really that much daylight between Texas A&M and, say, Ole Miss?

A&M IS lucky to be playing Miami, Arkansas and Ole Miss at home. They could end up 11-1 and ranked No. 5 for that reason. On the other hand, they have to face Alabama, South Carolina and Miss State on the road.

Speaking of South Carolina and Miss State: Those are two more UGA opponents that could be ranked when we play them.

• sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

Who cares about weekly polls. This may be 'rat poison' and CKS would probably yell at me if he knew me, but just like last year, basically a 3 game season once we get past the opener.

1. SECC

2. CFP semi

3. CFP Championship

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FYI....In an interview regarding his Way-Too-Early Top 25, Schlabach said that the way he saw it, there was BAMA, UGA, OSU...and everybody else. There's clearly a big gap between those 3 and the rest, talent-wise.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're right. I'll tell you what I've always thought about these preseason polls. Sportswriters and networks (e.g., ESPN) use them to manipulate metrics used to determine top 10 teams later in the season. By placing so many SEC teams lower in the polls, they are, in effect, manipulating Strength of Schedule (SOS), among other metrics I'm not prepared to dig into right now. These analytics will be used later in the year to justify a school like Utah, Houston or Cincinnati making the CFP cut over one of the lower ranked SEC schools.

By the time the first CFP Poll comes out, the die will be cast. I would have to review everybody's schedule to see which teams are being set up, but, that's been going on forever. They've just found new ways to do it. LOL