Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Mel Kiper claims Alabama beats UGA if Jameson Williams isn’t hurt

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageMel Kiper claims Alabama beats UGA if Jameson Williams isn’t hurt

The most famous NFL Draft analyst may be considered to be an “Alabama truther” by some Georgia fans after he voiced an interesting opinion during Thursday night’s opening round on ABC-TV.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rconlanrconlan Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

If my aunt had ____, she would be my uncle.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mel just lowered his self in millions of UGA fan’ eyes . Ifa coulda shoulda speak what about next man up for the only team that has signed as good of classes as we have if not better?

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This coming from someone who is wrong more than meteorologists.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mel Kiper is just mad cause his hair looks ridiculous. Look at that hair. If you had to look at that every day in the mirror, you'd be bitter too.

Munster Mel 🤣

GO DAWGS!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

I tried posting this under the article about Walker going #1, but lo and behold the comments section wasn't functioning.

ESPN, especially Junior, were just aching for it to be Hutchinson. They ran those little segments about him, had a fairly lengthy interview with him right before the draft began. Man, was it a breath of fresh air to hear Travon Walker's name called after all that! But of course, Junior and Pink Blazer (never caught his name) still spent almost the whole time leading up to the second pick griping about it, throwing out some less than nuanced talking points. Then Hutchinson was picked and the gushing resumed.

So yeah, can't say I'm surprised he would use his platform to promote the lazy injury excuse that every Bama fan and apologist had already ridden into the dirt months ago.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kiper=Another self proclaimed "expert" 🙄

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

That despite Bama scoring 0 TDs while Williams WAS in the game. In fact, Bama scoring only a SBlV gift TD in the entire game. Kiper needs to stick with what he does best, like ranking Travon Walker the #9 pick last night lol.

• georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What about his face when Jermaine Johnson one of his sure picks fell all the way to 24. lol

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle.

Go, Dawgs!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

Well said. This was the unrefined griping following the announcement of Walker's selection that I was alluding to. It seems like someone whose job is to understand player production inside and out would have a better understanding as to why a guy like Walker's stats coming out of college might not align with his talent and potential at the professional level. It's hard to say whether Kiper is simply that ignorant, or if he was deliberately omitting the full picture from his commentary because he didn't want to have to reconcile it with the narrative he had going. Either way, it's sloppy work.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hind sight is always the best sight with Mel. Let him say what he will and be wrong again and again. I put no stock in his "crystal ball." UGA sits atop college football, Mel. Live with it. Oh yeah, Travon Walker was 1st Round, 1st pick, Mel, not 9th.

• edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Without help from the paid off referees Alabama would have two fewer National Championship and Georgia would have at least one more if not two more. I am sure biased non calls and calls may have given them one or two more against other teams as well. I have quit watching NC games several times because of the terrible non calls of offensive line and defensive holding by refs. No sense watching a predetermined outcome.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

And if my uncle had boobs he'd be my aunt!

Some people just think that things are static and that there aren't dynamics at work.

If...if...if.

If Mel Kiper had a brain, he wouldn't be s.t.u.p.i.d.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder how many people that matter, actually listen to this guy. LOL

I'm telling you, these so-called experts, ARE NOT experts. I wish I knew how they got those jobs. The Falcons GM is no better. Skipped right over a guy living in their back yard, George Pickens, to take a PAC-12 WR that can't create separation... in an inferior league against inferior competition. That, after trading former NFL MVP, Matt Ryan, for a 3rd round pick. LMAO

After Kiper's and Booger's half-assed evaluation of Jordan Davis, I turned the TV to NFL Network and ABC. ABC did the best job of all of them. They had Todd McShane and he did a much better job of evaluation and not being a know-it-all. Instead of showing film of Davis's dominance, when he was picked13th, ESPN/Kiper/McFarland, focused on one play in the SECC Game, where Davis was worn out and not putting much of a rush on Young. We've all seen it. That play wasn't representative of the season worth of effort he put in, or the work he's put in since. If they had done that with Hutchinson in the Orange Bowl game (CFP), it would been a game film that lasted 10 minutes.

To-hell with ESPN. They've been biased against Georgia teams for decades and I don't understand why. They were created in Atlanta by Ted Turner around the same time CNN was created. CNN??? Hmmm. Maybe that explains it. Fake news. Create a narrative...then,, lie, cheat and steal to make the narrative appear true. But, never, ever admit you were WRONG.

NE took an OL (Cole Strange) from Chattanooga that the ESPN/Kiper group and McShay, had, going in the 3rd Rd. They can't explain it, so, HOF Coach Belichick must be wrong....and that's the narrative. Davis can't be THAT good, so, the Eagles are wrong... not ESPN or Kiper. LMAO. Some people believe everything they hear on ESPN and CNN and they're all the dumber for it. LOL

Remember the 2007 ESPN campaign to have LSU jump UGA in the polls, and put them in the BCS Championship? I do. It still sticks in my craw, and Richt had too much class to beg and campaign, like Fickle did in 2021.

Bottom line...I'm done with ESPN if another option exists.

• ChiefChief Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

How many games have been won/lost on key players being hurt or remain healthy and play. All part of the game. Kiper likes to make excuses for Bama.