Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Social media reacts to record-breaking first round for Kirby Smart, Georgia football program

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageSocial media reacts to record-breaking first round for Kirby Smart, Georgia football program

Georgia football had a record-setting first round of the 2022 NFL Draft that had social media buzzing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats Georgia! FIVE first round picks is unbelievable. It also is a HUGE selling point for both the program. Five Dawgs just got huge paydays and they earned it.

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pickens is going to be the biggest steal of the draft. He was easily the most talented player for UGA in his time there and maybe its best every WR (to take nothing away from those who came before). Pickens makes highlight-reel plays nearly every time he touched the ball - and, if he touched it, he caught it. And, I think that this is an important point, his over-reaction against GT may have been out-of-line, but it shows just how much vinegar he's got in him . . . and you can't buy that kind of intensity. I hope he goes to a team that has the arm to throw to him.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good thing Kirby is locked on Georgia.....he could be a future NFL coach otherwise. UGA not going to let that happen. Five first round defensive picks! What a program. More to come tonight.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickens is definitely a steal. I would rather have had the Falcons pick him #8 overall than Drake London. I'll never understand the idiots they have running that team. Trade Matt Ryan for a 3rd round pick...then draft a receiver they could've gotten from almost any team in a trade or free agency. ****!! At least, some UGA players, would create SOME interest in the teams we will have to suffer through over the next 2-3 years, until Arthur Blank sells them.

Oh well, we've got the Jaguars. LOL

I wouldn't say Pickens is the best receiver UGA has ever had. That's an exaggeration. UGA's had some pretty darn good WR's over the years....AJ Green, Andre Hastings, Lindsey Scott, Terrance Edwards, Gene Washington, etc.. He's definitely in the conversation, though. He'll be playing somebody on Sundays THIS year. Maybe JAX will get him.

BTW, that thing with Ga Tech was just youth. He's a lot more disciplined now...especially after having to rehab that knee for 7-8 months to come back and compete. Makes you wonder why JT Daniels took 14 months to do the same.