Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Nakobe Dean third-round steal of 2022 NFL Draft, cleared for Philadelphia Eagles rookie camp

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageNakobe Dean third-round steal of 2022 NFL Draft, cleared for Philadelphia Eagles rookie camp

ATHENS — The NFL took note of the talent in the Georgia football program, selecting nine Bulldogs in the first three rounds.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m not an Eagles fan but I follow my Dawgs- I was stunned Nakobe lasted that long- Eagles definitely got the steal of the draft- I guess time will tell if this is one of those “got passed over twice by every team” stories

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

J. DAVIS...Winner of the Outland Trophy, The Bednarik Award, 1st Team All-American, Team leader on a National Championship Team

N. DEAN...Winner of The Butkus Award, 1st Team All-American, Team leader on a National Championship Team, Brilliant Engineering Student and football tactician

WOW!!! On the same team. I'm watchin' me some Eagles defense this year. Green Bay and all the Pennsylvania teams are on my radar now. Love it.

Who's the Atlanta Falcons, again? LOL

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe Dean is very likely going to be the player who most out-performs his draft position.

I won't be surprised to see him in the pro-bowl before he's finished.

• cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

It just shows that the NFL GM’s aren’t very bright. Neither are the owners who hire them. Ojabo who tore his Achilles won’t play a single snap next year was picked ahead of Nakobe. That injury is much more concerning for an edge guy who depends on explosiveness. Plus he was a non factor against us in the Orange Bowl. I’d be concerned he could even win a one on one battle. And Nakobe fell because of a pectoral strain. **** is as **** does.

Stupidity especially applies to the Falcons. They could have had all but one of the UGA players and they didn’t pick a single one of them. I am done with them. Montana State? Are you freaking kidding me? Just like with the Smith’s, the Falcons need to trade their owner before th yep will be any good.

I think the Eagles are my new team. Them and Green Bay. Sorry Roquan.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That one freakin play in the NC where NAkobe gets on TIndall's you know what, should have made him a 1st rounder. HEart and leadership. Go ND!!!!

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

cpb1947- 100%! I’m from Atlanta, and I don’t know why, but every year I find myself hoping the woebegone franchise I pulled for as a kid will pick a UGA player and give the Falcons fans who are also Dawgs something extra to cheer for. Not because I’m a Falcons fan anymore (I went searching for greener NFL pastures a long time ago), but because it’s my hometown and I know a lot of folks would like to see them occasionally draft a standout UGA player. There’s so much talent in Athens now non-starters like Tindall are getting drafted, but God forbid the Falcons ever see that talent. *Montana State*??? Who did this guy play against? Don’t get me wrong, I wish the guy well as a human being, but I SERIOUSLY doubt his pro career will compare favorably to either Dean’s or Tindall’s over the next 5 years. Some of the Falcons’ picks seemed to be good ones, but picking Anderson over Dean is not just a head-scratcher, it’s almost pull-your-hair-out madness.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Patience is not a bad thing. Dean waited and it came to him as it did Jordan. The Eagles have wings and will be flying high with these two best of the best.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m sure Dean has taken a mental note of all the teams that took LBs before him and I’m sure those teams will feel his wrath if the eagles play any of those teams this year.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I DESPISE the Eagles... have done so for decades. Now I've got to be a fan because two of my all time (no exaggeration, these specific two, and not just amongst the Dawgs) favorite college football players are on their team...? Ugh!

But I will be! Maybe these two awesome people, not just players, will change the "vibe" of the team. It's not like it was in the '80s and '90s when they'd do reprehensible things like put bounties on injuring opposing players, so at least that seems to be past. I'm 100% positive neither Jordan nor Nakobe would even think of doing something intentionally dirty.

While it's a stretch, maybe these positive football leaders might even affect the fan base (historically, a whole 'nother story)... you can dream can't ya? 😁🤣

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Montana St. guy the Falcons took instead of Dean or Tindall looks impressive against the talent pool he played against and he's only played LB for like 2 years since college. he's been a RB, a serviceable QB , then became a LB, so he's got a very high upside, plus he ran a 4.41 forty. I saw an interview with him and he's a genuinely good dude. So, I may cut the Falcons a little slack, but to year in and out to continually not pick UGA players is absurd.

JUst think what the Wolverine DE Hutchinson going to Detroit means to those folks. I expect the number one selling Detroit jersey will be his.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Couldn't agree more about the Falcons. It's like they're actually bloody-mindedly against UGA players (the stats prove it). And it's counterintuitive if you're trying to pull more local fan base.

I rooted for the Falcons for my first 20 years in Atlanta, ignored them for the next 10 years (Super Bowl aside), and have actually rooted against them the last 4. I love the city, the fans, and actually the team, but they need a really bad year to get a management shakeup to get in new leaders that don't do such a poor job of team-building and inspiring the fan base.

Would really like to back to caring about the Falcons again, but wantonly passing on awesome Dawgs hurts the case even more... 😳

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah, because they had the surgeries. A lot of teams feared that he might tear the pectoral muscle before or during the season. That’s the difference as for people recovering from ACLs

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pretty close to my own thoughts when I heard each of them was going there.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hated that this DGD had to wait so long for an NFL team to call home. This guy is the real deal and will prove to the rest of the league they made a mistake by not picking him. GO DAWGS!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An Achilles tear is 5 times worse than a Pec strain and twice as bad as an ACL or MCL tear...which is what Ojabo suffered DURING Pro Days testing. He was taken long before Dean. So, that dog don't hunt. Sounds like the rumor mill was at full tilt...until it wasn't. Glad he got it straightened out.