Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

John FitzPatrick: Atlanta Falcons take Georgia football tight end in 2022 NFL Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageJohn FitzPatrick: Atlanta Falcons take Georgia football tight end in 2022 NFL Draft

For the third straight year, Georgia has had a tight end taken in the NFL draft. This year, it was John FitzPatrick as the 6-foot-7, 265-pound tight end was taken with the No. 213 overall pick in the sixth round.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Actually, wasn't it still the sixth round, Connor? Either way 15 out 213 players picked. Unbelievable.

Just to contrast, Texas A&M had one first round pick -- their first in FIFTEEN years -- and I believe now they have a grand total of four picks.

Two of A&M's draft picks were defensive lineman -- both of them five stars coming out of HS. Georgia had three defensive linemen go in the FIRST ROUND alone -- a five-star, a three-star and JUCO transfer!

All those prized 2022 DL commitments who were eager for the NIL money or quick playing time or whatever else Jimbo promised, take note. You chose a program that consistently underperforms and develops five stars into fourth rounders over a National Championship program that develops three-stars into to first round Outland Trophy winners!

• LamardleeLamardlee Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

Umm. Myles Garrett from Texas A&M went first overall in 2017. Not quite 15 years ago but I get your point.

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Always loved watching this guy play. Just a tough and talented TE and always contributing on every offensive play it seemed. Hope he has a solid career and gets some targets.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DGD! congratulations!

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks, Lamardlee. My bad. I read an article where it said 2007 but it obviously was a typo.