Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NATIONAL ADOPT A SHELTER PET DAY

donniemdonniem Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a day!! 15 possible choices today. I was tired from watching/listening to draft talking heads for endless hours the past 2 days, so I made a quick (and fairly easy) choice.

NATIONAL ADOPT A SHELTER PET DAY

Each year, National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day on April 30th raises awareness for thousands of pets that are waiting for (and needing) adoption from the shelters.

Animal shelters require year-round assistance and adoption is a part of the process. Since animals come in daily, the shelters must work quickly to ensure the animal’s health and well being. Only then can they be adopted into their forever home. The day also encourages you to visit a shelter near you and find your new fur baby. Visit with the shelter to consider all the needs the dog or cat requires for the long term.

If you feel you can’t meet those needs, consider helping in other ways. Give your time by volunteering. Not only will this help the shelter by providing the animals with exercise, companionship, and socialization, but it also gives you that wonderful animal love we all so enjoy.

You can also check the shelter’s donation needs list. Bring the items you are able to give. This will help the shelter animals find their forever homes more quickly.

HOW TO OBSERVE #AdoptAShelterPet

• Visit a shelter today and consider adopting.
  • Remember to spay and neuter your fur babies. It helps reduce the number of unwanted pets in the population. Recent studies are showing we are making progress. Keep up the good work!
  • For more information on adoption, visit the Humane Society or your local shelter.

• Do you need more incentive to adopt a shelter pet? Check out these 5 Fantastic Reasons to Adopt a Shelter Pet.

If this topic was not exciting enough for your tastes, it is also NATIONAL OATMEAL COOKIE DAY! No one doesn't love oatmeal cookies, right?

Comments

• Options
    Razor2027Razor2027 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I could UV this a 1,000 times I would. We have 6 furry family members and will pass the 300 mark for fosters by the end of 2022. Every pup deserves a loving home.