Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football target of snarky comments from anonymous ESPN coaching sources

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football target of snarky comments from anonymous ESPN coaching sources

The Georgia football 2022 NFL Draft class was historically good, to the point it will be talked about for a long time.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA64UGA64 Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 2022

Sounds like MEchigan is still boohooing about their dragging in Miami. Fitting that Michigan's Pic is at the top of this article. Sorry our "backups" would be starting and dominating the big 10 all day everyday. Sorry that our "backup" was better than your glorified choke artist named Aidan Hutchinson. Come down to SEC country and he'll be pancaked every game down here.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, without playing a game in the NFL, isn't that what every GM is doing? Projecting.

Looking at it another way. High stats from these Big 12 school qb's, has "proven", what success in the NFL again?

Anonymous = no credibility. What a bunch of clowns. I guess that's why these coordinators are coaching at a school that doesn't win.😂🤣

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“If Georgia didn’t win the national championship, the defensive staff should have been fired,” according to a Big Ten coach who was quoted anonymously..."

What does that even mean? Could be a compliment to the players.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When you're not a winner...you try and make the winner a loser. Check UGA's trophy case!

• Alexander_the_LateAlexander_the_Late Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior

Of course they're anonymous sources. No one wants to put their name to such stupidity, especially that Big Ten coach who thinks you should fire the defensive staff if your team doesn't win the National Championship. If your offense doesn't put up enough points to win the title game, you should fire the staff that coached up one of the greatest defenses college football has ever known? That kind of stupidity seems to be running rampant through our country and media. It sucks that getting any kind of attention is more important than either educating yourself, or, as a journalist, educating your audience. Why are so many people celebrating their ignorance, even bragging about it and seeking to protect it? I think it is the result of a self-generated condition: Perpetual Adolescence. And, here we are--- talking football without really talking about football. We're (I'm) spending time talking about ridiculous comments that should never have been shared. But, they get attention. And, attention is $$. So. Circle of Perpetual Insanity. I think this is my cue to walk away. (*from this discussion and path to nowhere, not from the Dawgs or Griff)

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best comments I've seen on Dawg Nation in quite a while....that aren't mine. LOL

I couldn't agree more, about the state of Journalism. There was a time that anonymous comments were given the weighting they deserved. ZERO

Nowadays, anonymity and "shots fired from the dark", are the standard. Especially on left wing media outlets and I think it's fair to say, ESPN joined that crowd, a long time ago. This alleged OC and SEC Coach, could've been anybody...or as I suspect, Nobody. A fabrication that cannot be confirmed. Moreover, Nobody will poke at it to find out who said what.

Zero Credibility!

• BigTimeBigTime Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman
  • ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2022

Where were all these anonymous sources this time last year proclaiming the 2021 Dawg defense would be an all time great D and if the Dawgs didn’t win the national championship “the defensive staff should be fired?” Talk is cheap after the fact!

The fact is they were in the same place as all the “experts” in 2022, lamenting how will the Dawgs replace all the talent lost in the 2021 draft. Same thing, different year.

When the calendar rolls over to 2023, these same moronic ESPN “experts” will once again be scratching their heads and wondering out loud, “How did the Dawgs have so many number one draft picks, have backups being drafted, and set yet another record for number of players drafted?” And once again anonymously proclaim, “With all that offensive AND defensive talent, if they had not won the national championship, the coaching staff should be fired.

King Kirby has supplanted Saint Nick as the premier college coach at signing and developing elite talent and building a championship culture!

Yes, it is GREAT TO BE A GEORGIA BULLDOG!

LOL...Absolutely, GD right!!!

Go get em again Dawgs. Show em that hype, is just that. It's about what YOU DO on the field...not about someone's perception of what YOU CAN DO.

• UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you can beat’em talk ship about them and hide behind anonymity.

Draft selections are a guess or projection. I'm pretty sure I heard BA on dawgnation daily state only 50% of selections are correct at the NFL level. Heck look at the college level. Some 5 starts don’t ever play like 3 stars and some 3 stars end up 5 stars. There are no absolutes.

“If Georgia didn’t win the national championship, the defensive staff should have been fired,” according to a Big Ten coach…We only played one Big 10 team so guessing that was Michigan who must still be in shock and suffering from PTSD.

A lot of haters out there. GO DAWGS!

What was the hype again..."UGA can't win a Championship with a former walk-on QB at the helm"??

Yeah, I believe that WAS the talk. What is it now? "He can't do it again". LMAO...BS. How do I make some money in the "Sports Prognostication game"? I've got some predictions for em.

• GasDawgGasDawg Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

I thought all Big Ten coaches were anonymous

• cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

Big Ten coach…..😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 The top half of the SEC had better offenses than their champion last year. And it’s the same league who doesn’t want to expand playoffs because they’ll get their asses kicked every year. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An anonymous source said the Big Ten sücks.

Go, Dawgs!

They want to go back to the days, where ND, BIG-10/12 and PAC 12 Sportswriters picked the Champion every year, in a popular and politicized vote. Somebody needs to inform them, that their opinions are no longer desired nor required. 🤣🤣🤣

We PLAY for Championships, now.