Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

jumping ship

craigacraiga Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

who's on here because another site has gone down in content/ value/ ad's-click bait/ etc.?

this site seems have set the bar extremely high. be surprised if it isn't the #1 in a couple years

Comments

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Im at this site generally because I enjoy the content published by the dawgnation staff. I only post on this board because I will never pay for that priveledge.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm here because this site is all Dawgs and because I've grown to respect the reporters here.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@craiga said:
    who's on here because another site has gone down in content/ value/ ad's-click bait/ etc.?

this site seems have set the bar extremely high. be surprised if it isn't the #1 in a couple years

I will say this--I don't like obtrusive ads that require me to click to remove them.. I don't like click bait. I'm considering cancelling my subscription to the AJC because they are fast becoming more trouble than they are worth. If I pay, I shouldn't have to deal with that crap.

If this site ever does the same, I suspect even my love for the Dawgs won't be enough to keep me here.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm here bc this site has great content all the time! I go thru withdrawals on weekends during the off season tho.

• Pete1975Pete1975 Posts: 99 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love this site because it lets me know when anything happens or will happen about Georgia athletics. I want be up to date on ALL THINGS that deal with UGA.

• cliffhangercliffhanger Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm here because Jeff Sentell Is a great reporter and im trying to get the scoop on Brenton cox and Zamir white silently committing to the G

• SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I came here because Rusty missed on his crystal balls for Solomon and Collins to Georgia

• RockdaleBulldogs1992RockdaleBulldogs1992 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm here cause I Bleed Red & Black!!!

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm on this site because I am 100% Dawg, and appreciate getting both the good and bad news regarding UGA from well informed and articulate sources.

• craigacraiga Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

i really like the layout and agree with the content. I really like the professional writing. The mistakes in writing (from another site) are about as annoying as losing a recruit in the final hour. keep up the great writing/ editing!!!!

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2017

I really don't wanna jinx it, but somebody's got to say it. It's bizarre that the content on this free site is higher quality than the well known paid sites.

And paying for the privilege to post on a message board? You gotta be kidding me. The people who post are the people providing the content. And you're gonna make the people who provide the content pay you?

Maybe if it were some kind of tight knit professional industry board where you only wanted qualified people posting. But that in no way is what is going on on those boards.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    I really don't wanna jinx it, but somebody's got to say it. It's bizarre that the content on this free site is higher quality than the well known paid sites.

And paying for the privilege to post on a message board? You gotta be kidding me. The people who post are the people providing the content. And you're gonna make the people who provide the content pay you?

Maybe if it were some kind of tight knit professional industry board where you only wanted qualified people posting. But that in no way is what is going on on those boards.

There's some irony involved regarding the state of print media in all of this as well. This site obviously sells ads and I haven't seen the business model, buy I assume part of why this is possible is because it's under the AJC umbrella. Whereas the business model for Rivals, 247, and others is based on paid subscriptions. No shade on the staff writers on those sites. I'm sure some of us would be happy to see some of those guys over here contributing along side the existing staff. But that difference in business model drives some of HOW they present their content.

For the past 10 years the internet had been telling us that print media is dead. But in this case, its making the format we prefer possible. (At least for now.)

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

One thing I noticed on a few of the pay sites - they feel threatened if content from DawgNation is posted on there - and will often delete it. For example, some of Jeff's terrific recruiting articles that give far more insight than what the pay sites have, if you post that on some of the $$$ sites they will delete it - even though it is free content!

• andycappsandycapps Posts: 292 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm here because this is a one stop shop for recruiting, practice updates, long form stories on the program, etc. Most of the best writers for the paid sites will put up Tweets of clickbait to find out what is going on, but have to be a sub to see it. Which usually means it's not that important, otherwise it would be picked up here.

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good content, no clickbait, no cost. Other sites are the opposite in each of those categories. Sentell does a good job.