Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Powerful Georgia football is a giant favorite to squash Oregon Ducks in opener

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imagePowerful Georgia football is a giant favorite to squash Oregon Ducks in opener

Georgia and Oregon might both open as Top 10-ranked teams, but oddsmakers are already seeing this game as a mismatch.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith Please look at your week 4 and week 6 favorites and tell me what is wrong with one of those.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL...I was going to say the same thing. I had to do a double take. I was shocked that A&M was favored over BAMA in week 4. Not that, maybe they shouldn't be, but, that anybody predicted it. LOL

I don't believe BAMA will be anywhere near as successful next year as they were in 2021. It starts with their Offensive Line and ends with the possibility, Burton is their best target for Young.

Kearis Jackson is much better than Burton (see 2020 game STATs) and was probably earmarked to be Bennett's primary receiver in 2022. That's why Burton transferred in the first place. Throw in the fact, Bennett has possibly, 3 future 1st round draft picks at Tight End, a fast RB with hands in McIntosh and speedster Arian Smith to throw to deep...BAMA has NOTHING like that. Nobody does.

BAMA, like so many other teams, is being evaluated on past performance. That's why most of these glorified prognosticators are always...always behind the power curve in the first few weeks of the season. 2022 teams will be so much different than 2021 teams.

UGA will be an offensive juggernaut with a top 10 defense and BAMA will have a steel curtain defense with a sputtering offense. OC Bill O'Brien will face adversity and possibly unemployment in 2022. BAMA fans were calling for his and Pete Golden's head LAST year...can you imagine what will happen when they lose 2 games and miss the SECC game? LOL

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rat poison! Dawgs better be ready for a fired up bunch of Oregon Ducks, who are going to be playing with a big chip on their shoulders. And they will have a capable QB in Bo Nix, assuming he is the starter. I guarantee you coach Lanning will have his guys ready. Hopefully King Kirby can get our guys to not pay attention to any of this type of talk. Let’s worry about ourselves, Dawgs! Take care of business and everything else will fall into place.

GO DAWGS!

• Options

LOL...I think the Dawgs are well versed in the"Rat Poison" game. The young Pups saw exactly what it can do to your performance in the SECC Game, in 2021.

• Options

A&M is favored against BAMA in week 4.

BAMA is favored against A&M in week 6

They only play each other 1 time during the season.

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Look at week 4 and then look at week 6. It's right there Bubba.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA is pretty good on the edge, should contain Bo Nix, per usual. The rest is up to Stetson and company.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Guys,

I appreciate y’all trying to clarify this for me, but for some whacko reason I’m seeing “ARKANSAS” playing A&M during week 4 and “BAMA” playing A&M on week 6. I have no idea what is going on…..maybe there is a corrected version that I’m receiving.

• Options
  • Options
    TailgatesmatterTailgatesmatter Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Ohio State vs. Oregon spread: Buckeyes -14.5. Ohio State vs. Oregon over-under: 64 points.Sep 11, 2021

Here's the thing, the Ducks can and have struggled against the SEC in these big openers. LSU a few years ago is one that jumps to mind. I am not sure what product Coach Lanning is going to field, but I will say that Coach Cristobal while being the best recruiter we have ever had at Oregon was a C+ at best game day coach. He cost us a few games with terrible decisions near the end of those games.

Oregon has ALOT of young talent with playing experience. Georgia may have more, but you guys had a ton of turn over because of the draft and graduations and transfers ect.

This will be a good game. I am excited and love that we are playing against last years Champions to start the season.

Here is hoping you stay healthy and have a great season!

Go Ducks!

• Options
    NobleBishopNobleBishop Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Hey #DawgNation,

I hope you guys think exactly as this author does and feel invincible. I think #GoDucks are going to surprise many of you at how good they are. Consider this, Oregon won't be decimated with injuries this year and will have an explosive offense; plus, remember our linebacking corps is tops in the country with a healthy Justin Flowe and Noah Sewell, plus several other key players. Additionally, we are returning are whole offensive line which should help to give Bo Nix much more time to operate in the pocket, although it may not be much comparatively to other teams as your defense is pretty impressive. Nevertheless, it's an experienced group. And, strategically & tactically, both teams have a coach f/both teams that will provide insight, so it should be interesting to see how the chess pieces move. Good luck to you guys and hope we get to see an exciting game!

Best,

James A. Lowes

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm certainly no sports better, but if I was, there would be NO WAY I would bet on the opening game especially when we had record NFL drafts.

Do I think we'll be very good or better? Yes. Am I quite confident we will dominate all season? No, not yet. There's ALWAYS at least one team that is expected to be in the Top 5 that winds up unranked by the end of the year (or at least pretty low in the rankings).

I trust Smart, but it's been awhile since I've seen us with a true "powerhouse" offense. We wouldn't have won the NC without our D last year... not even close.

Again, very hopeful and positive and I think we'll win, but not sure if we'll win by 2 TDs against a Top 25 team.

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

I liked the effort and spirit Coach Lanning taught the defense last year, He did a good job with a very talented team. I wish him luck in his new position. He clearly deserved a chance to be head coach. AS far as the Ducks beating THE DAWGS in the opener, sorry ain't gonna happen! GO DAWGS, BEAT EVERYBODY!

• Options
    TailgatesmatterTailgatesmatter Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I have now gone through enough counseling that I believe I can talk about this game.

Clearly not ready for a national title caliber team. First game, new coach, new qb, new everything. Not 1 person on the staff was there last year.

I accept that I am a Duck Fanboy. Good game, go Ducks.