Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

4 takeaways from Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher’s fiery and furious exchange

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
image4 takeaways from Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher’s fiery and furious exchange

One of the wildest and most explicit public exchanges of high-profile coaches concluded Thursday afternoon with SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey having the final word.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe they can settle it with a cage match?

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2022

‘The Aggies had $47.7 million in donations last season — a fifth of the total donations the 13 public SEC schools had combined last year, per an SI.com report — while Texas led all programs with $60 million in donations.’

Just pointing out that these are donations to the schools, not NIL money.

Edit: Someone voted this down? 🤣 Just stating facts… don’t confuse donations to schools with NIL money. 😉

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope Saban takes him out. Jimbo knows he does not want any digging into his closet. So he comes out with the best he's got to get Saban to shhhh ASAP. If an investigation was made into Jimbo, IMO, he might not make it through this season before he was suspended, depending on how fast it went. Just my thoughts, I don't know anything. But I have been watching him since this NIL deal opened up, seeing his body language, his attitude, his tone and demeanor. His eyes. I think there is something there he does not want to see the light of day. If this continues, in the shadows instead of the public, my money is on Saban, to get it exposed one way or the other. Unless Jimbo knows something really, really juicy and can prove it. This could get very juicy itself. Heck they could both back off or one take the other down or take each other down. Being in the same division, Saban aint happy with their NIL crap. I don't blame him. One thing Saban has always done, is made sure the deck was never not in his favor. And now its not...so he will keep fighting this fight hard with A & M. Or retire.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Verbal insinuations are one thing but calling for physical violence is another. JImb0 is a punk.

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ultimately, the players will make far more money on their NFL contracts than they will ever see in NIL. What I do anticipate is that these sponsors will begin demanding certain performance for their money. They will want to see their qb’s passing and not handing off regardless of the play called. And you will also see deals yanked for non-performance.

• street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

Very few football players make it to the NFL and the way NIL is currently set-up most of these potential NFL players will be the ones benefiting from large NIL contracts.

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great point. This fact went right the head of Griffin. But it looks like the clown at least ran spell check. Keep getting better, Mike!

• ChiefChief Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did you ever see Bear Bryant or Vince Dooly lower themselves to an adolescent exchange? No. Kirby Smart is gaining maturity as we speak,,,and probably is quite amused privately.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JimmyBob There is no track record of donations to NIL, because it was cleared last July. The donations are an indicator of the resources each program has at its disposal.

This can be confusing for some, so let me explain a bit more.

Programs that have the most money -- like Texas and Texas A&M -- have the potential to raise more NIL money.

More NIL money gives a program and advantage in out-bidding or paying out more money, collectively, to players on a team.

In many cases talent goes to play, or coach, or work, where they are offered the highest amount of incentive. Often times, people view that as money.

I hope that clears things up! Have a great weekend and thank you for the feedback.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is very confusing because there is no transparency of who is getting money and where it is coming from. There will be "misunderstandings" until there is more structure and transparency.

You were correct until your 4th paragraph. "More NIL money gives a program and advantage in out-bidding or paying out more money, collectively, to players on a team."

NIL was never intended to be the schools themselves giving NIL deals (or flat out cash) to recruits for commitments. EVERYBODY is denying they are doing that. IF schools are doing that expect that to change and probably change quickly. It may be cloaked in a shell game by collectives that are funneled money from schools. Maybe it is semantics but everybody has backtracked on their school paying any recruits or players directly. It may continue to be done surreptitiously but should be against the revised NIL rules when they are released.

Congress was all over the NCAA and NIL in the beginning. Surprising that no politician wants clarity and to uncover the paper trail now.

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

Both Saban and Fisher have been knocked off their center a bit.

Saban is a control freak who has enjoyed his spot stop CFB, and the A+M situation threatens both.

Fisher is reacting like someone who got caught, the disproportionate response (name-calling and threats of violence) being the most obvious indicator. And he is also fuming inside because he's probably witnessed (as he said) Saban do much of the same.