Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NATIONAL YUCATAN SHRIMP DAY

donniemdonniem Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NATIONAL YUCATÁN SHRIMP DAY

National Yucatán Shrimp Day on May 24th celebrates a dish exploding with flavor. Plump, peel-and-eat shrimp are the centerpiece of this dish, and the flavors remind diners of the sunny summer evenings.

#YucatanShrimpDay

Shrimp lovers shouldn’t miss out on a dish like this. While the Yucatán Peninsula is further south on the Gulf of Mexico, this recipe hails from the waters along Florida’s coast. The garlic, butter, and special sauce give it a kick that keeps diners coming back for more. Serve it with crusty bread and white wine or an icy cold beer. You can almost imagine the dazzling blue waters of the Gulf and the sea breeze with every bite. And don’t forget the large, tender shrimp, too.

HOW TO OBSERVE Yucatan Shrimp Day

Make up a recipe that says summer. Invite friends and family to join you – it’s not a celebration if you don’t. Add some chilled beverages, and you’ll be ready to enjoy some delicious Yucatán shrimp. When you do, be sure to share the occasion using #YucatanShrimpDay on social media. Looking for a recipe to make? Try this delicious recipe from Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille!

Ingredients

1lb of fresh Gulf Shrimp

8 oz of Yucatan Sauce

8 tablespoons of Butter

1 Lime (optional for more zest!)

Fresh cilantro

Preparation

Boil shrimp until cooked through.

Bring Yucatan Sauce along with butter to a simmer.

Reduce heat, toss the cooked shrimp into the sauce and garnish with cilantro.

*Extra* Toast your favorite type of bread for dipping!

NATIONAL YUCATÁN SHRIMP DAY HISTORY

Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille located in Ft. Meyers, St. Pete Pier, Captiva Island, and Sanibel Island, Florida, founded National Yucatán Shrimp Day in 2020 to celebrate one of their signature flavors. On May 24, 2019, they began selling their Doc Ford’s Yucatán Sauce by the bottle. The day marks the launching of their signature product loved all across the country.

Sorry for the Florida influence here, but it does sound tasty.

Comments

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donniem I'm a bit north of you on the Forgotten Coast so I have to give two of my local hot sauces a shameless plug. JB's Sopchoppy Hot Sauce, and Ed's Red. Personally know both the owners and they are true salt of the earth Mom and Pop entrepreneur's. Their sauces are also some of the best I've tried and as a Hot Sauce junkie that's a lot.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, just wanted you to know that I went on line and ordered a couple bottles of that Yucatán sauce. Should be here in a couple days and I can’t wait to try it and the recipe! Thanks!

• donniemdonniem Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate