Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Athletic director, social media weigh in on public alcohol sales at Georgia football home games

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageAthletic director, social media weigh in on public alcohol sales at Georgia football home games

GREENSBORO — The University of Georgia is in no rush to sell alcohol in public seating areas at Sanford Stadium, to the extent it’s not even on the table.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A beer at a ball game...okay. A six-pack at a ballgame...could spell untoward behavior. That plus hard liquor that is always smuggled in anyway. Depends on what one considers a "good time." Can you have a "good time" without alcohol? I can and have. We would not be having this discussion if alcohol did not affect human behavior in a negative way. UGA is doing its due diligence on this topic.

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fat, drunk, and **** is no way to go through life young man.

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nostradamus here reporting from Athens, GA:

If it makes money, they will find a way to do it. You know...for the money.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2022

My thoughts EXACTLY. Making money drives everything in sports. Drunk obnoxious fans ruin the game experience IMO. MUCH easier to curtail drinking and drunk fans by NOT selling alcohol IN the stadium. Throw out anyone drunk or drinking solves the drinking problem.

You are telling me you can't go 3 hrs without drinking alcohol?

• Alexander_the_LateAlexander_the_Late Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior

You didn't read the article. Had you read it, you would know there is NOTHING standing in the way of "them" selling alcohol, so, your comment makes about as much sense as MTG does when talking about... anything. Mike gave you the knowledge to avoid this comment. It's right there. Ignorance is a choice.

• CrushmoreCrushmore Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

School officials are acting as if there aren't obnoxious drunks in the stadium!! If I had a dollar for everytime I saw a flask, lotion bottle, zyploc baggie, etc....full of a mysterious brown liquid?? UGA is not preventing anything, only cutting their own hustle.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope UGA won’t ever decide to sell beer/alcohol in Sanford Stadium. People are drunk enough as it is. I don’t want it spilled on my family or me either. It’s like cigarettes, if you can’t go 3-4 hours without it, you more than likely have a problem.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sounds like UGA is taking a very measured approach to see how this plays out across the conference. I'm somewhat indifferent but really don't understand the arguments when it's been at bowl games for years. The issue of misbehavior is simply solved. If persons overindulge and become a public nuisance, we have laws for that. Eject them, arrest them, ban them from future attendance. Responsible folks shouldn't be punished for the acts of the irresponsible.

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 275 ✭✭✭ Junior

I personally hope the stadium will not become a venue for alcohol sales or any other chemical. That said, I can certainly see the entrepreneurial minds at work if marajuana is ever legalized in Georgia. The tasty brownies would certainly enhance the sales in the food corridors.

• SelvadawgSelvadawg Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

I don't drink beer in stadiums, so I don't really care if they offer it or not. That said, the elitism of UGA in allowing McGill Society members to drink really bothers me. I'm surpised there isn't more outrage than there is.