Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Coming up aces: Stetson Bennett’s new card deals among his many lucrative NIL contracts

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2022 in Article commenting
imageComing up aces: Stetson Bennett’s new card deals among his many lucrative NIL contracts

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett is coming up aces in the NIL Game after signing card deals with Super Glow, Topps and The Players Trunk.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good for our guys! That headline image, tho. 🫣

GO DAWGS!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

$$$ One thousand and one, one thousand and two $$$....seems the Dawgs are also cashing in on NIL.

• jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Brock and Stetson are football players first and foremost while handling NIL responsibly by focusing on philanthropic and teammate inclusive deliverables.” What an amazing quote.....any "star" in college football has to know that it is still a "team sport", and the star's success depends on teammates who may not have the recognition that the star has. I applaud all the athletes every school who share their NIL success with their teammates.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2022

Unlike A$M Aggies who are getting paid for just showing up, it’s good to know our players are actually earning their NIL deals by actually being marketable student athletes on and off the field…the way NIL was intended. The A$M model is indicative of the lengths schools have to go to just to try to keep up with Kirby and the Dawgs!

The millions A$M and schools that follow the same model spend to get players to sign LOI, is just a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of keeping those same players out of the portal when they actually have some free agent value.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL...of course they are. JT Daniels was signed to a Zaxby's NIL deal, last year, before the season started. UGA developed an NIL Collective in February. Who said they weren't cashing in? Just curious.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe people are overestimating the impact of NIL.. I don't care how much talent you attract...if you don't have with coaches that put emphasis on development, strength and conditioning and an atmosphere conducive to team building in the model of the upper tier football programs, you won't be consistently successful. Kids that want to develop and improve their game, will learn that, in time. So will these so-called NIL Collectives and businesses that are investing in a kid's 3-4 year window of projected impact. There are gonna be a lot of misses.

What I'm glad to see, is that UGA won't have anymore impact players like AJ Green and Todd Gurley suspended over some Mickey Mouse violation...like selling a game jersey or signing an autograph. I don't know of any other program that lost a high level player during the season, over those kind of issues. Why???, you ask. Well, because other kids didn't have to do that, to make extra money. It was given to them, outright. Now, UGA IS on a level playing field. It's not cheating anymore. Look out!!! LOL

• LakeSinclairLakeSinclair Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • LakeSinclairLakeSinclair Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Nice. I hope there’s more to come. Don’t spend it all in one place, Stet.