Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Julian Sayin: Could the dynamic 2024 QB be the next 5-star up for Georgia football?

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2022 in Article commenting
imageJulian Sayin: Could the dynamic 2024 QB be the next 5-star up for Georgia football?

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 5-star junior QB Julian Sayin. He ranks as the nation’s No. 2 QB and the No. 13 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 275 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm sold. Great wheels with uncanny accuracy for short, intermediate. and long throws. Would love to see one more inch of height, but the QB at Bama proves that is not always necessary.

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Come on down, young Californian! Georgia's offense will top 40 points and 480 yards per game over the next two years. We think you'll be happy here ... just Sayin' ...

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've taken the philosophy of not getting wrapped up in any recruiting cycle except the current cycle. Kids commit then realize they did it too early too often.

• 10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kid's the real deal, big arm, accurate, touch, and gets through his progressions with great vision down field. Would fit perfectly in Monken's offense and love the Classic City. Just Sayin, couldn't help myself. Go Dawgs !!!

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I really like the kid's last name

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2022
  • ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like how he sees the entire field, and the way he uses his legs to extend plays. I was never sold on Arch Manning. His stats and highlights just didn't impressed me much. This kid and the Ohio State's commit, (Dylan Raiola) looks much more impressive to me than Arch. We lost out on Raiola. I hope we can pick this kid up.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pocket awareness, decision making, release... and only a sophomore. Wow. Could very well be the right guy at the right time. Go Dawgs!

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think we've all seen these feel good articles about recruits and UGA are worth the paper they are written on.

You can insert name here________of any university here regarding their rhetoric on and/or after their visit.

I just wish the best for all of these young guys and may the NIL check book be with you.

That's really what makes most of them feel warm and fuzzy about where they sign.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This young man, obviously, is not right for some UGA "fans" - good Lord, he's only 6' 1.5", 185 lbs. Our "fans" demand that our QB fit the mold of the UGA "fan" prototype, at least 6' 4" (preferably taller) and 220 lbs.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2022

Sounds good, although I'm going to keep stating this... you HAVE to be willing to recruit the Elite WRs in order to sign and KEEP the Elite QBs.

When Bama claims the #2, #5, #6 and #10 and our best WR is #64 then you just can't have a huge passing game. You can't. That doesn't mean you can't have a solid offense and have lots of solid short range passes to TEs, but you can't have those Heisman performances if they don't have someone to throw to.

Honestly, I'm tired of all of the drama with QB. Smart knows EXACTLY what type of offense he wants and he's going to get what we wants. If he wants players like Bennett (game managers, excellent short range throwing, etc) then find those players. 4 stars may be the type of player that do the best of us.

It makes me sick when we have situations like JT where he wanted to stay, but really had no choice but to leave. Bama has it down to a formula to where they KNOW who are going to be the 1 or 2 QBs of the future and they groom them and those players get their shot when it's time.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's bigger than SB and around the same height as Gunner. Taller than Bryce Young by about 3 inches too!

Wow! Super impressed with this kid's film! Watch it, then watch Arch's and tell me who you'd rather have. This kid is special.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sayin's background and high school career sounds a lot like JTD. It is a long way from CA to Athens GA. Gonna be a tough pull. Sayin could grow into a very effective CFB QB but he is on the slight side. The '24 QB class seems a little lean after Raola. Not getting the QB you want in '23 and '24 could put UGA in a tough position if players transfer or don't pan out.

The TP is always stocked with QB's looking for PT and UGA will always be a desirable destination for transfer QB's who desire to be surrounded by talent as long as CKS continues to recruit at a high level.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the '23 class fills out now that AM is out of the picture.