Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following Arch Manning commitment to Texas

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OldDawg76

I think you will see this year more than in the past Beck and Brock will get significant mop-up time in leads where the game is well in hand. I can see a scenario where each gets to lead drives where they get to throw it 2-3 times each in the 4th quarter unless one guy is just so far ahead of the other that he's the clear #2 guy. THey have to get experience heading into 2023. Just handing it off does little IMO as far as getting to see who looks the best when the adrenaline is out the ****.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree they will likely get much more playing time. Last year we were trying to get Stetson more reps with the starters after JT couldn’t play. Also, don’t forget that by limiting playing time in 2021 we preserved a year of eligibility for BOTH Carson and Brock. Now they both have 4 years remaining since 2020 didn’t count against Beck’s eligibility. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 80 ✭✭ Sophomore

We didn't get Manning, we do have Brock and Gunner. I think both are capable of winning the championship, Again!

• Options
    FishingDawgFishingDawg Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

Any person that thinks a kid should be made a starter because of his high school career, number of stars, and/or last name should find a different sport to follow. A football coach will play the players (any position) that he thinks will win. They could give a rat's ass about what you think. If Fields had not quit on UGA, he would have started after Fromm lost his mind. He probably thought having talent was more important than understanding the game. His choice to make, but I believe he would have been successful at Georgia had he stayed. The Manning family was probably looking at the big picture. Is it more impressive to look good on an okay team or look good on a great team? I think our QB room is in good shape. The national championship doesn't count more if you have a 5 star qb.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am a college football fan, and not an NFL fan. I am also a Georgia fan. Therefore, none of this matters to me in the least. I don’t care about highly rated QBs, I care about Georgia winning championships. 😉