Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Oregon football player dies in freak cliff-diving accident

SystemSystem Posts: 10,681 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageOregon football player dies in freak cliff-diving accident

The Oregon football team and first-year coach Dan Lanning got some tragic news on Wednesday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2022

45 years ago (1977) we opened our season against Oregon and had a pre-game tribute to Joe Roth…..the Heisman nominee from U.Cal who died from cancer only a few months after playing UGA the previous season. Eventhough he didn’t play for Oregon I remember how moved they were that we’d remember a great player from their conference. Hopefully, we will do something similar in memory of Spencer this year. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Terrible news. My deepest condolences for the Duck Nation. Wishing you peace, comfort, and lots of love during this difficult time.

May this young man rest in peace. 🙏

• Options
    NCMtnDawgNCMtnDawg Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ Junior

So young, it breaks my heart to even think of how his family and friends are feeling. God Bless all of them and help them through this. Spencer was just reaching his prime. How quickly everything can change. I will think of him in September

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of a team's worst nightmares....such a tragic loss of young talent and life. My deepest sympathies to his parents and the team. UGA should do something to honor his memory during the game. I am certain Coach Smart and Coach Lanning will honor him.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If any of you Dawgs want to go show some support on one of their forums, here's the link. https://forum.fishduck.com/topic/5095-terrible-newsspencer-webb-dies-in-accident-🙁/

I just joined up left a message and saw where some other Dawgs had posted there as well. Go show some love!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Terrible news. Prayers for his family and the entire Duck Nation. I'm sure all of Dawg Nation feels the same.

Bless him, Dear Lord.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wonderful idea gentlemen! That would truly be a very considerate, thoughtful and respectful gesture and show of sportsmanship that would mean so much to the young man’s family and his teammates!

Truly hopes this happens!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Prayers to the family, tragic accident.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dang. Not much more to say, really.