Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart updates injury status of Tate Ratledge, Tykee Smith, CJ Washington and other Bulldogs

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart updates injury status of Tate Ratledge, Tykee Smith, CJ Washington and other Bulldogs

ATLANTA — The start of the 2022 season is quickly approaching and from a health standpoint, Kirby Smart feels good about where his team is from a health standpoint.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here's to a steady and strong recovery for CJ Washington. He's a very promising recruit. But a full recovery from his neck injury is more important that playing football.

Other than that, you've got to like where we are when it comes to injuries. Last year, Ratledge, Rian Davis and Jalen Kimber were injured early in the season. But the injury list going into the Clemson game was long: Blaylock, K. Jackson and Gilbert were officially out, while Arian Smith, Burton, D. Washington, Fitzpatrick, Kimber, Ericson and JT Daniels were banged up before the season began (most of them pretty seriously).

Other than CJ Washington, right now Tykee Smith and Ratledge are the biggest question marks -- and they're both past rehab and into reconditioning. That's downright miraculous! Knocking on wood that we avoid major mishaps during fall practice.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love to hear that we are doing pretty good as a team health-wise with some exceptions. Hopefully, our team will be blessed this year with avoiding a rash of injuries. That is a killer when your goal is another shot at the playoffs. Everyone is waiting to see how Georgia does after winning the natty, there are commentators out there that think Georgia will take a step backward. I think Kirby and staff are savvy enough to not let that happen. It is great to have a HC who has won so many nattys in the past (with Alabama) that he knows how to keep the intensity up with this team - I feel like we are in good hands! GO DAWGS!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news! Other than Mews, I see no WR or TE on the "cannot play in the fall camp" list!

Just wonderful!

• Dawg50Dawg50 Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

Can.t wait for kickoff. GGGGGOOOOOOO Dawgs. I am so ready

• 87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

Health is the biggest thing for the Dawgs heading into the season. A lot of fans have forgotten how banged up they were before the Clemson game last year. Pickens, Jackson, Blaylock, Gilbert were all out and J.T. Daniels was hurt and limited. Going into fall camp, the offense is loaded with weapons and what I believe is a better Oline than last year: Just stay healthy!