Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kentucky will beat UGA, says a different SEC Network analyst

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageKentucky will beat UGA, says a different SEC Network analyst

Another day at SEC Media Days, another “bold prediction” by the SEC Network that an unlikely opponent will upset UGA in a game this season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Doering like when he was a receiver, couldn't Catch a good prediction if he tried.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does the SEC Network purposefully go out looking for the dumbest people on the planet to put as analyst or attention whures looking to stay relevant in some way?

And yes, I spelled that word like that on purpose.😊

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2022

I know, right!? What can you expect from a gator!?

He didn't even go on to say the reasons why he made such an asinine and ridiculous prediction. Granted, it could happen and as @jrmdvm1 said, Vandy could go 12-0 but it isn't likely. And it doesn't matter that the game is in Lexington....Dawg fans travel and will be loud and proud!

Will Levis will continue to run for his life with Smith, Beal and Dumas-Johnson chasing him down all night long and he also won't have anyone to throw to as our secondary will be in his receivers' back pocket the whole game!

Chris Doering......whatta maroon! and I loved the new phrase "attention whures"!

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well you know how our Sisters of Sensitive Words are about certain words around here.😂

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still no respect for our program. Imagine some clown saying SC or KY was going to upset BAMA. He would be laughed into oblivion. Kirby's gotta be thanking these clowns for the bulletin board material.

• vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you believe the "analyst", we'll be going 5-3 in SEC play next year. I guess Kirby's glad he just got paid because 2022 could be a rough year. What a clown! Go Dawgs.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good. But nobody is considering what UGA's offense may do to SC or UK? If they somehow score 30 on our new defense, Kirby will turn Monken loose to put up 60.

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2022

So SC did upset the dawgs in Athens just a couple of years ago and the game in Columbia will be played at noon @110 degrees on the field. But Kentucky?? Don’t see it. Billy Napier’s revamped gators have a better shot in Jax- anything is possible. An undefeated season and another natty. Or playing 500 ball but my money is no more that 1 loss.

• cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m saying it here first, Vanderbilt will beat Georgia………. Wait, I read that wrong……

UGA will go undefeated in the SEC regular season. I’m more worried about TN and Miss State with the duck and chuck offenses.

• edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

They did not hire Takeo Spikes for his intelligence. Doering has said enough dumb stuff over the years to not be taken seriously either.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was Teebo who predicted Debo Samuel would have at least one receiving TD and a punt return against us a few years back. Samuel had his worst day of the year against Baker. These guys want the Dawgs to lose so bad they have to take a laxative every time we squash an opponent. Dawgs gonna give them 15 doses this year.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If UGA loses the turnover battle by three to SC or KY, they may not cover. A loss? Incomprehensible!

• senorlorenzosenorlorenzo Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2022

The only respectable comment that a so called professional sports pundit should be making is something like, “I believe underdog team B is very capable of beating favored team A for the following reasons (blah, blah, blah)…..and I’ve got a feeling in my gut they just might do that.” However when you basically declare the upset as a virtual guarantee, I’m not gonna take you seriously unless you also say that you’ve bet a half a fortune on it. Otherwise, you’re just running your mouth to make yourself sound more relevant than you actually are.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It wasn’t that long ago that the Dawgs weren’t even in the conversation at SEC media days. Now, we are THE conversation! That has to gnaw at every fiber of every being whose team must face the Dawgs, especially talking head former player anal-yst!

I notice neither Doering nor Spikes was dumb enough to predict their former schools will beat the Dawgs!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2022

Aint it nice to be So hated ??!!?? Means our beloved Dawgs are Winners and King of the Hill !! These media talking heads can Say pretty much anything, but it’s on the field of play where it all counts. Anyone that thinks Kirby Smart is gonna go in under estimating ANY team has been drinking some of the same stuff that Doering and Spikes have been gulping down !! Kirby Knows what’s at stake, so does the entire Coaching staff, and the players are being pushed hard every single time they hit the weight room and/or the practice field. The Dawgs didn’t “accidentally” win the National Title. Kirby is totally savoring the thought of a repeat. He has surrounded himself with like minded Coaching staff. He has recruited players that want to compete at the highest levels. Those that couldn’t handle the excruciating daily grind of a Kirby Smart coached team, well they transferred or out and out quit. IF by some wild chance either of these two rivals beat the Dawgs it will be because they Earned it. They will Not win by some how sneaking up on Kirby and our Dawgs !! The SECCG still burns in Kirby’s gut, the Coaching staff, and the players still here that played in that game. I honestly don’t see any team beating our Dawgs because they ( the rival) was under estimated. So they gotta win it in a head to head match up and I just don’t see either of these teams beating the Defending National Champions in that scenario, regardless of Doering & Spikes deepest fantasy dreams !! GO DAWGS !!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doering graduated before Smart from Gatorland. Smart, a walk-on at UGA was at least as accomplished as Doering, as a player. Here we are 25 years later and Kirby is at the peak of College Football Coaching, while Doering is an also-ran, "used-to-play", on 3rd tier ESPN programming.

That's gotta be eating him up inside. He has to beg Kirby, a Bulldog, for an interview to do his job. That must keep him up nights

LOL BWAAAA!

What I'd like to know is, where the hell was Ben Watson with backing his school. His comments were weak and non-committal. Why is it that, Bulldogs like Aaron Murray, David Pollack and Matt Stinchcolm that get hired by ESPN are so weak when it comes to getting UGA's back. UGA had to have a generational defense and stomp a mud hole in everybody, before they would give them a positive comment, last year. Even then, they jumped on the "Attack Bennett" bandwagon. LOL. Wusses!

Note....they were all coached by Mark Richt. Hmmm.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

Doering's skinny jeans are apparently cutting off blood circulation to his brain. We heard all of this UK nonsense last year. Go Dawgs!

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People that continue to attack Coach Richt are the same people that attack Stetson Bennett. Go Dawgs!!