Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: Nation’s No. 3 safety Joenel Aguero has made his college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Nation’s No. 3 safety Joenel Aguero has made his college decision

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 4-star defensive back Joenel Aguero out of Massachusetts. He ranks as the nation’s No. 3 safety and the No. 34 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation!!!!

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2022

WOW! The Dawgs are getting a heat-seeking missle from way up north! This dawg staff can recruit...nationwide! Love what this kid said about Georgia: “I feel like it is the people at Georgia,” he said back in June. “To be honest, you know they have great people. Great recruiting people. All the people from the recruiting people recruit to the head coach. Even the academic people. They all have great people at Georgia there who all want to see you succeed. That’s something I like about them and my family really likes about them also.” Welcome aboard, Joenel - you know if you come to UGA, you will get the best training and play for the best and against the best. You know what it will take, and you are wanting the best for yourself! GO DAWGS!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome news of the day! Welcome to the Dawg fam, Joenel! Let's win some championships!

GO DAWGS!

• FishingDawgFishingDawg Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

There can't be too much character on a team. Talent and character is unstoppable! Welcome to UGA!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Enjoy being a Bulldog young man, glad you chose UGA..GoDAWGS!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

King Kirby Strikes Again!

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

Awesome! Welcome to DawgNation! But looks like we will be missing out on the top safety in the nation in our own backyard! Wish we could get both

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news! Now, I know this is greedy but is there ANY chance we can still get a commitment from the Downs kid, or does this all but render his recruitment to UGA moot? I know all the experts are saying he's all but locked up to 'Bama, but those same folks swore Justice Haynes was a lock for UGA. So who knows? It would be great to get BOTH Aguero and Downs in the Red and Black. But if not, I'm happy with what we have. Go Dawgs!

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alabama already has a commit from Tony Mitchell, who's generally ranked higher than Aguero. So, if it's either Georgia or Alabama, Downs would be choosing a school that already had a commitment from a top-3 safety. But I imagine that Downs is confident enough to be fine with competing for playing time with anyone, so the earlier commitments are probably immaterial.

BTW: 247.com -- which bases its "Crystal Ball" on what experts are predicting -- gives Alabama a 100% of luring Downs, But On3.com -- which bases its prognostications on its machine-learning-based "Recruitment Prediction Machine" -- gives UGA a respectable 28 percent chance (vs Bama's 45 percent).

• 10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

You would certainly like to get them all, but I'll take the one who knows in his own heart where he belongs over the one who might just be looking for fame and fortune. I'm not saying that is for sure what CD is doing, but I can appreciate it when these young men look at the big picture. Go Dawgs !!!

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome Aboard!