Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

DawgNation mourns death of former RB

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageDawgNation mourns death of former RB

ATHENS — One of the founding members of “Running Back University” has died.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang! I hate to hear this. I was a kid when he played, but I remember him and the other backs during his time very well. He was still young at 56.

My condolences to the family and friends. May he rest in peace.

🙏

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can't remember but he may have been the next RB after Herschel.

Sad to hear this.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Praying for his family. A fine running back and person.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! Rest in peace.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

Yes, those 80s backs absolutely got RBU going, led by the likes of LT. May you rest in peace, Lars Tate, forever a DGD. Go Dawgs!

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GOD bless his family in their mourning in the name of Jesus Christ. He will be missed he was a DGD at RBU.😎

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

I had the pleasure of seeing Lars and the '87 Dawgs kindly spot Vanderbilt an early lead in Nashville, before the Four Horsemen got going and crushed all hopes of an upset with a punishing rushing attack. And I gotta say, one of the coolest names ever. Way way way too young. God bless you Lars!

• NCMtnDawgNCMtnDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lars used to come into The Odyssey back when we were students. Met him while waiting in the linr to get in and had a good time talking guy stuff. After that, he always recognized me and came over to say hello. We all thought he was a great guy. He was always humble. Godspeed Brother

• jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

DGD!!! May family and friends find peace in the knowledge that one day we will all be reunited in the Lord. May we all mourn his leaving us too soon, but at the same time celebrate how his life touched all of us in some way. RIP Lars.

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

sorry to read this. Lars Tate was a JR when I was a freshman at UGA. Helluva running back he was in those days. Also had him in an Economic class.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A great running back and a DGD. RIP, Lars. Prayers for peace and comfort for his family.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

RIP Lars. May The Lord give his family and friends His very special peace & comfort. Lars Tate was an outstanding RB in his time.

• MLVMLV Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

RIP to a **** good dawg.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oh man...Wow. Shocked. One of the all-time greats. May we all let this tragic news be an inspiration and have a positive impact on our lives and for our families and get cancer screenings that we might have been putting off or not even thinking of, especially during the past couple years. Early detection is key as we all probably know. Very, very sad news but when I go I will be doing it because of Lars and thinking about him. I sure loved watching him and Worley(beast), Hampton(unique and elusive) and Henderson(versatile) play their position. Special time and special group. RIP Lars. Gone way too soon.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As a former Redcoat Band member, I remember Ga-Fla 1985. Florida was ranked #1, when we met, in Jacksonville. They were heavily favored over the Dawgs, and we were expecting a whipping, listening to rude Gator fans taunting us, and a long bus ride, back to Athens. But Tate and Herderson and a staunch GA D had other plans. Tate and Henderson pounded the Gator D and there was no stopping them. It was a beautiful sight to see all the cocky jort-wearing Gator fans looking totally stunned at what happened in the Gator Bowl, that day.

There goes Lars! Rip.

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was there too and that was one wild game and sweet victory. Lars was one of the best. Great memories, thanks Lars RIP.

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

56, way too young. So sorry to hear this news. I actually remember the Odyssey and stopped in there when I was on a blind date with what turned out to be my wife. Lars was a great one. From your account, sounds like a great person too. RIP Lars.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Rest Well, Lars. I loved hearing Munson call his name.