Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Billy Napier: Florida ‘least stressful job I’ve had,’ Gator swag is back

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageBilly Napier: Florida ‘least stressful job I’ve had,’ Gator swag is back

ATHENS — Confidence and momentum are building at Florida, and a recent ESPN feature explained why.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's easy to talk the talk.....

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good for them. We still have the best coaching staff in college football. AND the best players! GO DAWGS!

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2022

Well, the biggest issue was fixed before he got there... getting rid of Mullen 🤔🤣

Seriously, though, I do believe they get better and give the Dawgs more competition over time... but also tear up some of UGA's other East opponents on our behalf each season. Whatever the outcome, IMHO, the Dawgs benefit as long as they keep beating the Gators the majority of the time.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Meh...he will definitely keep a few more players each year from leaving the state. Talk is cheaper than gasoline, so I'm wait and see on him.

• CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, I guess my question is: why is Florida getting such limelight on the Dawgnation page? It is a good article but it could have at least carried a photo of a play with them getting their butt handed to them at the line of scrimmage. As it is, it is advertisement of their narrative. And as many have said below, talk is cheap.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mullen, like Fisher at FSU, took proud programs and ran them into the ground. It will be an interesting game for sure. The main thing to like about Napier so far, no trash talk before even playing anyone. All in all, just glad to see that clown gone from the sidelines.

But as stated above, this is DAWGNATION, you want to write about the gators, join gatornation or whatever they call it down there.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Swag is back, he said. LOL 😂

Goooooooooo beeeeeeeeeeeeers! Loooooooooooo seeeeeeeers!

GO DAWGS!

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

he won’t take too long in getting them back as a formidable challenge each year. Florida has so many built-in strengths that it is hard to imagine them staying down too long. Bright side is they will help keep rest of the east down through the season. Still can’t stand them but they won’t be a whipping dog for long. Losing Mullen was the worst thing for UGA and best thing for them.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

I also heard the same things when McElwain, and Mullens were hired. And they didn't last long in gainesville. I'll believe it when I see it..GoDAWGS!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

True Sling Bill won't have a ton of pressure on him THIS YEAR. However, FU fans will expect him to win the SECE in '23. Should Billy get off to a slow start this year the criticism will get loud and the pressure will mount. After the train wreck that was Mullen, FU fans want effective change. And they want it now.

In reality it will be difficult for Napier to fail at FU. FU now has great facilities, has hired like 50 coaches/support people, is the "name" school in a top 3 state for HS football players and can offer every recruit in the next 2 classes immediate playing time and a position in the 2 deep.

Name programs like, FU, TN, USCw, TX, MI don't stay down long when they are properly run.

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Others will feel a chill”??? 😑

Come on Mike.

• WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

There's never any pressure in a Boiler at the beginning, but after you add some coal, it gets downright unbearable, and if he doesn't win, he will not last under that heat.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

I'm in agreement with the consensus below. Florida should be a formidable opponent every year. If/when they finally get back to that status, I think it will have a lot more to do with their deciding to get up to speed in terms of programmatic support than whoever the coach happens to be.

For some reason I saw Napier getting buzz as a strong recruiter when he went to Florida, but the class rankings during his time at ULL peaked in the low 70s (24/7). Which is fine, I guess, for a program like that, but it was pretty comparable to the 5 cycles before he got there, so I'm not sure how that serves as a basis for that kind of reputation. Time will tell.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

But gasoline isn't cheap anymore, in case you haven't left that beach that you're on since we got a new president.

• BASDawgBASDawg Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore

Wait til he loses to the Dawgs four times in a row. Then, I want him to tell everyone that it's the least stressful job he's ever had.