Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Question for season ticket holders

fmr33fmr33 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For those who had season tickets this past year, I’m curious -

Do you know what the point threshold was to qualify for SECC tickets? And as an aside, I’m assuming points are measured 1-1 with dollars? So $1,000=1,000 points? Curious about points because I didn’t know if there was any cumulative effect.

I’m considering starting donations to the Hartman fund, and was curious with experiences of others. Thanks!

Comments

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2018

Yes, generally $1 = 1 pt. Cumulative. You have to have 30,000 points to be eligible to request post season tickets from the school this year. That isnt guaranteed. Cant answer specifically for the SEC CG. 5000 is the cutoff for Florida tickets, which are easily the most plentiful away game allottment. Cut off for LSU is 75,000. USC is 45,000, Mizzou and UK are 7500.

Its gotten ridiculous. If you are young just invest your money and hope to make a large sum to catch up later in life.

Edit: I found the SEC figures

Club Level tickets were awarded to eligible patrons who requested with a 2017 Hartman Fund cumulative priority of 198,256 points and higher.

Reserved (Non-club) tickets were awarded to eligible patrons who requested with a 2017 Hartman Fund cumulative priority of 32,701 points and higher.

Ticket Limits
    6 tickets: 2017 Hartman Fund donors who contributed $10,000 or more AND/OR Magill Society members in the midst of $100,000 commitments or above with a Hartman Fund priority points score of 32,701 and higher were able to secure up to 6 tickets.
    4 tickets: 2017 Hartman Fund donors who contributed $5,000 or more AND/OR Magill Society members in the midst of $50,000-$99,999 commitments with a Hartman Fund priority points score of 32,701 and higher were able to secure up to 4 tickets.
    2 tickets: 2017 Hartman Fund donors who contributed $1,100 or more AND/OR Magill Society members in the midst of $25,000-$49,999 commitments with a Hartman Fund priority points score of 32,701 and higher were able to secure up to 2 tickets.

• LuvsDawgsLuvsDawgs Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

fmr33, everybody’s situation is different. In my case, I don’t hunt, or fish, or play golf. In other words, Georgia football is what our family splurges on. So, we don’t mind putting our money in for good season seats (2 different locations in the stadium). Now, in making your decision, you HAVE to think about where you want to sit in the stadium and how many seats you want. THAT determines how much you have to donate...a big commitment. If this rattles you because you’re situation won’t allow for that yet, then you may be financially better off just buying tickets off StubHub, and that’s okay.
    I’ll say this, we LOVE having had our season tickets for almost 35 years now.
    Good luck!

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Always easier to buy on the secondary market for games you really want to go to. You still come out ahead there’s always tickets available.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What was crazy is that you only had to have a tad over 12,000 “points” to get National Championship tickets. We missed out on SEC Championship tickets but got the natty’s.

• Diablo_and_DocDiablo_and_Doc Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

For those in the know, what is the currently required first time financial commitment to the Hartman Fund to even qualify to purchase season tickets.

• swamp_guineaswamp_guinea Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Have been a season ticket holder of two seats for over thirty years, have a little over 25,000 points and still have tickets on the back side of goal line. Can't believe seats haven't moved in over ten years. Seats are on the south side though. Now that tax law changing and not allowing deduction for yearly contributions, am considering just pick and choosing games and buying on stubhub. Didn't even get any notification concerning purchasing national championship tickets. Too, one must consider that once you and your spouse dies, all money donated / accumulated points are lost forever with no provision to pass even one point on to anyone else in your family.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@swamp_guinea said:
    Have been a season ticket holder of two seats for over thirty years, have a little over 25,000 points and still have tickets on the back side of goal line. Can't believe seats haven't moved in over ten years. Seats are on the south side though. Now that tax law changing and not allowing deduction for yearly contributions, am considering just pick and choosing games and buying on stubhub. Didn't even get any notification concerning purchasing national championship tickets. Too, one must consider that once you and your spouse dies, all money donated / accumulated points are lost forever with no provision to pass even one point on to anyone else in your family.

Please let me know if decide to do that. I will gladly take over your tickets and donate in your name. You actually have a bargain only having to donate $400 ticket. That is a grandfathered system that allows you to keep your tickets. Look up how much people between the 20s now have to give every year. I think the minimum annual donation cutoff for postseason and travel tickets for most games is $3000 yr. So you have to have a bunch of points AND give at least that amount.

• Devil03Dawg07Devil03Dawg07 Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

I'm really curious how the new tax code will impact these required giving levels. Since you cannot deduct the 80% any longer, I'd think there be some attrition. However the future looks bright so maybe not.

Personally, I'm mostly interested in how it will affect the away game/post-season requirements. We may not see the affects of this for a couple of years, but I'd expect these games to become slightly more attainable over the long term.

Anybody have any inside info on how the tax law will impact giving levels?