Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Stetson Bennett’s incredible Georgia football journey continues, Hollywood scripts be damned

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett’s incredible Georgia football journey continues, Hollywood scripts be damned

ATHENS —The Stetson Bennett story requires no makeup, special effects nor any sort of revisionist history.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Commenting on Connor's story about GA TEs vs OR ILBs (because Connor never turns on the comments!):

What a great matchup to focus on, Connor. My money's on the Georgia tight ends. Sewell is absolutely a gamer, but I don't see how those guys keep up with Bowers and Gilbert, or outmuscle Washington. I can't wait!

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everyone loves an underdog and everyone can appreciate a struggle. Bennett has experienced that and more. As a former doubter, I believe that Bennett can deliver the goods. I am wishing the best for him and these dawgs as they go against not only the latest opponent, but history itself as they seek to win back-to-back championships. Kirby has the blueprint and these players are hungry and very talented. The sky's the limit! GO DAWGS!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! Great minds Mike. I had just read the above article about SB and watched the video and made a comment, then scrolled down my computer and read this one. As I stated above, someone's missing one of the greatest sport "feel good" movie opportunities ever!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good article Mike and I’m starting to think you are becoming a believer that the Mailman has delivered. I knew you would come around sooner or later 😉. Just kidding. Go Dawgs!!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In spite of him? LOLLLLLLLL! Good thing the disallowed down votes when you posted your dribble otherwise you'd get one from me

• brucelhunterbrucelhunter Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

Stetson Bennett is an inspiring story and has certainly played way above the expectations of many. That said, it's hard to believe that a 3-star QB who would have been a career backup at almost any other top 10 school could end up starting head of JT Daniels, one of the most talented QBs to ever play at USC (started as a 17-year-old freshman) or Georgia. How could Kirby Smart keep JT on the bench? Same way he kept Justin Fields on the bench, in favor of Jake Fromm. Justin is an NFL starter and nobody want s Jake even for a backup. Same thing will likely happen with JT after he breaks all of the passing records at WVU and ends up starting in the NFL. Let's hope Kirby figures out soon that you need elite players (who actually get to play) at every position, especially quarterback.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

Bruce,

Exactly what games would we have definitely won (that we lost) if Kirby listened to you and started Fields and JT instead of Fromm and Bennett? Just asking a simple question since you clearly attended all practices and know more than our coaches. Go Dawgs!

• egdawgsegdawgs Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

You said Brock Vandagriff had looked really good in the 1st scrimmage. How about the 2nd, who is looking better now? Carson Beck or Brock. Like to see both play if we get good leads in games this year.