Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart praises mindset of Kelee Ringo, wants more consistency from Arik Gilbert

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart praises mindset of Kelee Ringo, wants more consistency from Arik Gilbert

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart shares his thoughts on Kelee Ringo, Arik Gilbert and Jalon Walker

Read the full story here

Comments

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“He is so respectful and does things the right way,” Smart said. “He represents us in the right way. He is going to be a hell of a player.”

You don't hear a coach talk like that about a player very often...especially a Freshman. I hope his contribution to UGA this year, is as rare as the words.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

I really hope Gilbert can find the mojo needed to succeed. He is an amazing talent, but just seems to be struggling to put it all together. Go Dawgs and good luck Arik!!!

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wonder about the hype over Gilbert when we have the best tight ends in college football. I hope Gilbert's troubles are behind him and wish him the best. But let's start talking about the other tight ends who aren't a problem like Bowers, Washington, Delp and Goede. We've a championship to defend and we have to focus on that. Go Dawgs!!!

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not sure what to think about Gilbert. Is Gilbert improving and Kirby is trying to squeeze that last ounce of talent that he sees in him out? Or, is Gilbert not taking things like blocking and doing the small things right the way Kirby wants them done. I hope it is the former for Gilbert’s career and for the benefit of this team moving forward. If he’s not doing doing things Kirby’s way, he needs to realize he will be standing on the sidelines more often than he wants. Kirby demands total effort at all times and the next level will not be any different. DawgNation looks forward to seeing a great year from you Arik. Good luck to you and all our Dawgs. Go Dawgs!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think all the hype is because Arik is, as most experts say, a “generational” talent and the highest rated HS TE in history of the recruiting services. I remember several years ago watching a special report on the SEC Network or College Gameday where they broke down his skill set after several LSU games. He was beyond amazing as both a wide receiver and TE. They showed 3 plays where he caught a deep pass over his shoulder for a TD, then caught your typical TE pass over the middle and outran the secondary to the endzone. They also showed a run play where he completely annihilated an All SEC linebacker leading to a huge gain by the LSU running back. Bottom line is the network analyst had never seen a receiver/TE play like Arik as a true freshman. He was like Brock Bowers on steroids. Then a few weeks later he quit playing for LSU, committed to Florida and then to UGA. I know he’s an amazing talent, but there just seems to be something holding him back. Kirby knows this and is trying to get 100% effort. If CKS succeeds then you will understand all the hype, but the jury is still out so I understand why you question all the noise around this young man. Go Dawgs and good luck Arik!!!

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love how Ringo is approaching this year; humble and hungry. A great physical specimen and hopefully can take his game to a higher level this year; we need it. Gilbert is such an unusual talent and somewhat of a unicorn and if he can put it all together mentally and physically, he has the talent to be in the heisman discussions.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Way to go Kelee, Arik, and Jalon !! Proud of you young men !! SO Glad y’all are Dawgs !! It’s Gonna Work out for Arik. In the long haul Arik is gonna be just fine. Even Great !! I Really don’t think this is a matter of him being lazy or a poor work ethic. As Kirby closed his remarks on Arik saying: “Nobody wants it more than he does”. We as fans simply Don’t Know, we can speculate it to pieces, but at this juncture we don’t know. We may never know. But I Believe in Arik Gilbert, I Believe in the Coaches he has and all the other UGA staff assisting him. It’s hard to contain Greatness. That’s gonna bubble up to the top with Arik Gilbert. He WILL find his way, and he will go down as one of the Dawgs Greats by the time he’s due to depart UGA. I have confidence in him. As for Ringo and Walker they are already blazing the trail to Greatness as Dawgs at UGA !! These guys along with So many others work so very, very hard !! I’m So Thankful they chose to be UGA Dawgs !!! Go Dawgs !!!