Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

5 bold predictions for 2022 Georgia football: How Bulldogs will make more history

SystemSystem Posts: 10,521 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
image5 bold predictions for 2022 Georgia football: How Bulldogs will make more history

UPDATE: Kirby Smart provides latest update on injuries

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2022

Bennett & family must REALLY love you.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love the predictions and I hope they are all true. Do you think UGA will keep the home games (vs. Florida) in Athens after 2024 as well? Here’s to hoping all of the wins are by double-digits - Go DAWGs

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Henddawg The future of the game has not been decided at this time, according to UGA admin.

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

We’ve had Murray, Staff, Shockley, Greene, Fromm, Eason… no one delivered but the Mailman did, so kudos to him and he will be a Dawg legend. My main point, we already know what we have in Stet, he should start and deserves to start. but when it comes to these teams where we should win by 30+, why not start Beck or Brock? Keep them somewhat happy, open up the offense, and let recruits and people know what The G is capable of!!!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith Stirring the pot again… concerning QBs. I know this sort of red meat generates clicks, but “come on, man!”

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Hemingwey Predictions column... just what I think will happen, and like I wrote, usually the rule and not the exception at the position these days

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not start the starting QB? 🤣

I could see giving the backups some first half reps… but starting them?

• Options
    ProKnoProKno Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

I'm glad Stetson doesn't even listen to what all the doubters/haters say.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting predictions for sure MG. I am hoping that we will continue an offensive onslaught even in games where we are ahead. This helps so much with an outsider's perception of the program and also in rankings. BAMA never seems to take their foot off the pedal so in order to have an "apple to apple" comparison, we need to roll through these games like it is important - and it is! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

At some point in my post Championship game daze, I heard somebody on TV say something like "Bennett loved UGa more than UGa loved him".

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

“usually the rule and not the exception”

What, that the starting quarterback doesn’t start??

• Options
    FishingDawgFishingDawg Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

Disclaimer: I am not an expert on football. What follows is just my opinion based on personal experience.

'Ones' should start every game regardless of the opponent and play the majority of the snaps. No player should ever prepare for a game thinking "this will be a piece of cake". You play like you practice; I don't care who you are.

'Twos' and 'Threes' should get between 20% and 40% of the snaps in any game, depending on how the game is going and not just at the end of the fourth quarter. 'Next man up' belief. Players will have experienced the moment when their time comes. Some may hang around if they feel like they are getting a chance in games and feel like part of the team. Practice is practice and it isn't fun. You work your butt off and a little reward is warranted. Players will know how they performed when they are watching the film with a coach 'critiquing' their efforts. I hated to be taken out of a game so that another player could go in, but we never had a rebuilding year. The team just had an adjustment.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mr. Griffith may all your predictions come true!

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Like your disclaimer, however, your analysis/perspective is a lot better than many "experts" I've seen throughout the years 😁👍

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with this 1000% !!

If the twos and threes are put in there, then they should have the opportunity to get some game film on themselves as to how they perform with the whole playbook.....Let Beck and Vandagriff pass the ball, let them run RPO and stretch the defense..... basically, let them put some stats on the board and not just hand off to the RBs three times and punt !!

Go Dawgs, pedal to the metal!