Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Oregon score updates, live analysis, injury news for Week 1 game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,689 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Oregon score updates, live analysis, injury news for Week 1 game

The Georgia Bulldogs take on the Oregon Ducks in a Week 1 college football game. Below you can find live updates, the score, analysis, injury news and more for the game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a line-up for UGA...powerhouse! I do not see the Ducks matching this UGA juggernaut. UGA fielding solid developed talent. Young yes, in some spots, but so well coached. I really like this Dawg team. If Stets is "on", UGA will run away with this one. I believe he will be. Very exciting.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

‘Bout time to pluck some ducks! Let’s go!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bowers absolutely went beast-mode on No.7 on that td run. Lol. Who is No.7?

I'm not going to lie. When Jack-Saint caught that pass, wearing no.1, I was thinking Pickens. Sure looked like him with that frame.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!

So far, run defense not looking great.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That INT may be the best I have ever seen! Insane!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs looking awesome!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would like to see a lot more pressure from the d-line. Not sure where they want the sacks to come from.

• Options
    edited September 2022

They are definitely not able to cover the out throws to rb's. They are really struggling getting to the outside on throws and runs. Need to get that fixed. I know it's a long way away, but UT runs that offense all the time at a high rate of speed.

Smith with the Int. Looked like the clemson game pick when he jumped that pass. Lol.

If they can get better on 3rd down, they could get the ball more and score more.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

White boys dominating on offense.

• Options
    edited September 2022

No kidding. They have not got in the backfield so far all game. And kinda being pushed around some.

Now I'm starting to get mad. This defense is absolutely getting punked. And can not cover anyone outside on short passes. As much as UGA has dominated on offense, Oregon has still ran more plays, and converting 75% on 3rd down. More time of possession. Luckily,its Bo PIX playing qb. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT TOGETHER DEFENSE.

Now, 3:57 left, drive and score, and get the ball 1st in the 2nd half and do the same. No mercy.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not long ago a knock on Kirby was only using TEs to block. Chuck Oliver specifically asked, “Why should an elite TE come to Georgia?” Chuck now has his answer!

More recently, the knock is Kirby’s “boring” offense. Not so much in ‘22 so far!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Where is Gilbert?

• Options
  • Options

Well, we all said that Bennett and the offense would have to take on a bigger role. Looks like he is. Bennett has had a Heisman Trophy candidate-worthy first half.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

1st half observations...

I've been waiting for the true Monken offense to show up for 2 years. It's a thing of beauty! Stetson playing the best I've ever seen him. If this kind of offensive performance continues for Stet and the offense through the season, then I see no problem finding another Natty. We've got plenty of offensive weapons.

Chris Smith playing lights out on D. Milton moving the running game forward as needed.

Defense giving up some yards but no big plays. Two interceptions! Would like to see a more effective pass rush but overall the D is playing well.

Two questions:

- Where is Dom? I haven't even seen him line up.

- Is Kenny Mac an RB or a receiver? Ha!

• Options

Nah. Still no vertical, curl or deep out completions yet. Monken has done a great job constructing an offense that exhibits what SB IV can do and masks what he can't. But it is still not an offense that is ideal for showcasing a WR who wants to be a 1st or 2nd round NFL draft pick.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOLOL...

Told ya so! Much improved Secondary with Starks and Bennett for Heisman!

Can I get an Amen? LOL

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Why is McClendon playing LT? Good luck getting any useful information out of Blackledge or McDonough.

BJones back in at LT. Whew.

Time to see some backups (QB's?)? AGilbert?

Has less been said about any UGA player than LMcConkey this off season? What a find.

I haven't heard Noah Sewell's name mentioned all game.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@thadec...understand what you are saying and mostly agree. But its early in the season. Hopefully the long ball comes out when appropriate. I'm just happy Stet is making better decisions and not forcing anything. That, in of itself, is a big step forward if it continues. But he's not getting much of a pass rush so right now he's got the time mostly to make good choices. That may not always be the case. Gotta play Stet within his ability, but I'll take this performance every single game. We're scoring plenty of points.

• Options

I agree with that, but only problem is, the defense needs to get off the field to give the offense more possessions. Only 4 in the 1st half.

Oregon has run more plays, but thankfully, no big plays, except by the UGA defense. Lol. But too risky. Giving up almost 70 % on 3rd downs, is a concern, but very fixable. If they cover the short outside plays.

But honestly, now is the worse part for me. The 2nd half with a 24+ point lead. I hope Kirby let's Monken keep attacking and not go back to his run the ball offense for the rest of the game. And just hold on to win. This is a time to make a statement. A 40 point win will be very convincing. And less irregular heartbeats. LOL.

BUT overall, I too can see a run at another NC.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!