Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Around the SEC: Resurgent Florida favored to take down Kentucky, Alabama expected to roll Texas

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageAround the SEC: Resurgent Florida favored to take down Kentucky, Alabama expected to roll Texas

ATHENS —It turns out rumors of the Florida Gators demise were greatly exaggerated.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2022

I wouldn’t say Texas A&M was a “bully”, kind of over exaggerated on that one Mike. The where only up 7-0 with like 6:34 left in the 2nd quarter before they scored again and struggled to run the ball.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida has come all the way back to Kentucky’s level. Sounds about right!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeesh. Just Kentucky's luck. The game is in Gainesville and it will be a night game at that.

By the way, former UGA player - not that he did much in Athens - Brenton Cox had 10 tackles against Utah. No sacks though (which no Gator did). So yeah, even though UGA also didn't get any sacks against Oregon, were Cox still in Athens he would be behind Beal and Smith. National title notwithstanding he made the right decision to leave.

Also Matt Landers - the much maligned former UGA WR - is starting for Arkansas and had 3 catches for 43 yards. And yes, he has 2 years of eligibility remaining.

Continuing: Ameer Speed is considered the leader in Michigan State's secondary. He made the right decision because I do not believe that he would have started this year in UGA's significantly improved one.

OTOH, WR transfer Justin Robinson is third string at Mississippi State and didn't have a single catch in a passing offense that put up 419 yards (and unlike UGA on Saturday, most of that actually did go to the WRs). Kid probably should redshirt this season and transfer again.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Florida isn't back, utah had them if not for that int in the end zone. Take away 15 and the gators are dead..

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would be very pleasant for the mud lizards to get their hopes up then our Dawgs go in and: Stomp their Chomp and make them Chumps !! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now I dislike UF as much as any Dawg fan, but to not be somewhat impressed by how they played would be unwise. Florida has good athletes and players and will be tough this year; much tougher than earlier suspected. A good coach can change much and they will be better than predicted. Not good enough to beat UGA but good enough to beat the rest of the east I suspect. Hoping UGA beats them by 21+. Go DAWGS.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love seeing Matt Landers suiting up for Ark. Was I the only one who groaned every time I saw him enter the game for UGA? Nobody is missing Landers, Speed or Justin Robinson. Now the way Major Burns was flying around for LSU he would be a nice addition to this UGA D backfield.

Anthony Richardson showed excellent flashes yesterday running and passing. He will be picked ahead of Bryce Young in the next NFL draft. Many NFL GM's are going to remember the Tua vs Justin Herbert debate and how it turned out. Young looked like a middle schooler next to Tebow in that Nissan commercial.

Watched the whole FU game and did not see Cox involved in 10 tackles. He still looks like a 1 trick pony. Sack or bust.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pretty detailed info from you, the self-proclaimed "casual fan". i.e. attention seeking gettin jollies being a Dawgnation UGA hater. Just fyi, we do not care about what players who left UGA, for whatever reason, do all season. We only care about the players that are actually on, and have what it takes to STAY ON, the best coached team in college football, the Georgia freakin' BullDAWGS baby!

Gonna be a LOOOOOOONG season for you watching UGA every week...win and win and win and win and win and win... get better and better, dominate and dominate and DOMINATE SOME MORE!

Come end of the season, Kirby will have the newest version of this well oiled team, PRIMED AND CHOMPING ON NAILS, to take down your beloved bama. Again! Ha ha

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think maybe you're underestimating the rest of the East...yes, even Vanderbilt. The East is going to be much improved this year. Nothing FLA did against Utah, surprised me. I expected that kind of game.

As far as Richardson goes, I see him as a Wishbone Style QB. Excellent vision, speed and agility. But, his passing game is all over the place. I'm not impressed with his accuracy and decision making. However, he will probably get better in that department over the course of the season. If he can put the passing game together with his running game, he will be the next Cam Newton and lead the lizards to a CFP berth in the next couple of years as a 1 loss SEC Team...if he stays. That loss coming to UGA, of course. LOL

UGA, BAMA & OSU occupy the 40th floor in a 40 story FBS Building and FLA is at about the 25th floor. They've got a long way to go, to get to the penthouse. LOL.

I see, everybody in the East beating each other up...and, UGA beating them. I would give Tennessee or Kentucky, a better chance of beating BAMA, than of beating UGA. Not this year. I said it back in March...UGA's offense is going to be unstoppable this year and the defense will actually be improved in 2022, due the expected improvement in the secondary. We won't see another SECCG breakdown, like we did in 2021. Alabama exposed the secondary, in that game and exploited it through 3 qtrs.. If I had to poke holes and find a UGA weakness...it might be on the D-Line, but, that's just temporary...or depth in a couple of position groups, but nothing that can't be overcome.

Offensively, the Dawgs don't depend on any "one" position, group or player, for production. They all contribute. Monkin has developed an offense that gets the ball to his skill players beyond the LOS or on the edge. When he goes to the edge with either the QB, a RB or a TE/WR, he moves the other skill players out to the edge or just beyond the official LOS and creates a secondary LOS to lay down blocks and create a running lane for the ball carrier. And, from what I saw...all those boys know how to block.. Genius. How do you attack a floating Line-of-Scrimmage? LOL.

Defensive Coordinators have all year to figure it out. And, when they think they've got it...here comes another wrinkle. The Dawgs have great talent and athleticism at EVERY position and they know how to use it. It doesn't really matter if you know what they're doing, if you don't have what it takes to win the 1-on-1's, and stop it consistently.

I don't see a team in the East, capable of stopping them. They just made mincemeat of the 2 highly touted "blue chip" LB's employed by the Ducks. In the CFP, they did the same thing to Wil Anderson, Ojabo and Aiden Hutchinson. Those guys had zero impact on the game.

Look out...here come the Dawgs!!

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

I try to respect all teams. Utah had the ball inside the 10 twice and came away with 0.

They drove down the field in crunch time and had the game won or at the very least OT.

Their QB threw into double coverage there at the end for the INT so I’m not convinced Fla dominated this game.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also the resurgence of Florida exaggerated in article title. Utah collaborated with Florida in game outcome.

• Options

I’m convinced that guy is a Troll trying to be subtle and so called casual Pretending to be a Dawgs fan. He ALWAYS “casually” finds something wrong with our Dawgs. In one post I thought he was gonna drown on his own drool over Billy Napier so he’s probably a mud lizard troll more than apt. All any Real Dawgs fan need do is go back and peruse his posts and you’ll Clearly see the trend. Thx for calling him out !! And before someone says it NO it’s much more than just a difference of opinion. The guy Bashes on the Dawgs at every opportunity he just does it in a sneaky sort of way. If anyone has doubts just go back and read through his posts, you will see the thinly veiled disgust he has for UGA and our Dawgs !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

I saw the guy is on SDS also. He has no logo depicting team affiliation next to his "name" on that site.

That being said this site is a fan site. But there is definitely a lack of objectivity regarding the home team (like most fan sites) . So if his posts offer a different perspective and makes you think outside the box (or take off the rose coloured glasses) that is a very needed thing here on this site. Seems to do it respectfully.

BTW I saw on other article's high praise for UGA but also panning of the UGA OL. Specifically run blocking. A continuation of last years issues? Pass blocking looked elite.

• Options

I understand what your saying. And I Do agree with you to a certain extent. You are right we Do need SOME objectivity and constructive criticism. And I said I can certainly take Some criticism of our Dawgs. BUT this guy Always Bashes our Dawgs while the vast majority of the time Elevating another team. He does it in a subtle sneaky sort of way. He even said in one post that he didn’t want to get banned !! And he refers to the Dawgs in a exclusive sort of way, Not inclusive like “You Dawgs Fans”. I tried for the longest time to just clench my teeth and take his Bull Crap. He also if you read his crap will contradict himself from one post to another for the sole purpose of getting in a Bash. So Yes I Do agree with you that Some objectivity and constructive criticism is indeed a Good thing. Even when done respectively by rival fans. But constant Bashing of our Dawgs no matter how subtle and sneaky ought not be tolerated by us Dawgs fans. We as Dawgs fans should be willing to zealously defend the Dawgs we Love so much !! On most rival sites they ban you even for the slightest criticism of Their Team !! No I’m not saying that’s right. And No I wouldn’t want that here. But I Do say when it’s repetitive to near constant like this Troll, Uh guy. Then yeah absolutely we should ban together and call him out on it !! You have to read more than just a couple of his posts he’s bashing us And laughing at us at the same time !! Lastly though I don’t agree with every single thing You say every time, I Do agree with you the majority of the time and find your posts to be well thought out and articulated in a very good way. Hope You & Family have a Happy & Healthy Season !! Go Dawgs !! P.S. I don’t Hate the guy, I don’t Hate anyone, he just gets on my nerves !! And hard Not to see his posts cause people quote him allot mainly because of his negativity.