Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former head coach and QB guru Dan Mullen shares his take on Stetson Bennett

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageFormer head coach and QB guru Dan Mullen shares his take on Stetson Bennett

ATHENS — Count former SEC head coach and QB guru Dan Mullen among those impressed with Stetson Bennett.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Careful, Mike...

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I haven’t read what anyone has posted below, but I do hope this article is one that’ll calm people down who want to claim that MG is an anti-Bennett reporter. He isn’t and hasn’t been; he just happens to be the one who tends to report the negative stuff OTHER people are saying about SVIV.

He was also the very first person here to suggest that Bennett was our legitimate number 2 last year (something I didn’t believe, myself, considering Kirby’s comments about Beck).

For all that, it’s weird that we’re taking Mullet seriously now that he’s got something good to say about our program. I mean, he’s right, so there’s that, but I don’t really know what to do with this 😂😂

• Options
    Dawg50Dawg50 Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

I just have one comment to make. If ypu are a highly 4 star or 5 star and want to go to the NFL i would just say don't miss out on playing for Kirby Smart and the DAWGS. He knows how to produce them. But if you want to win, come to GA.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, love your coverage, but I can't imagine too many Dawg fans give a **** about Dan Mullen's opinion on anything Georgia Football. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bennett was effective throwing downfield when needed

That actually ... never happened. The longest pass plays were 38 (McIntosh), 29 (Bowers), 27 (Mitchell) and 25 (Washington) yards, all of which were short or intermediate passes where the pass catchers got half or more of the yards after the catch. Please don't try to redefine the meaning of "deep ball" just because SB IV is the QB. As I said in my previous comments since Saturday, UGA used a very nontraditional passing attack Saturday with more completions to the RBs than to the WRs and absolutely no throws to "tough" areas of the field i.e. vertical passes or intermediate passes from the pocket to outside the hash marks. It was totally bizarre that Lanning and Lupoi made absolutely no adjustments to what UGA was doing the entire game - no changes in personnel, scheme or playcalling - but I guess that is what you get when it is the first game with a staff where no one significant is over 41 years old and the two primary guys - the HC and the OC - are younger than many NFL players. But don't expect SEC defensive coaching to be as accommodating.

OTOH the good news is that no other team in the SEC is going to have enough talent for it to make a difference anyway until UGA is back in Atlanta for the SECCG.

• Options
    CidawgCidawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Do not GAS about Dan Mullet or anything he has to say about anything...

Will not tune in to any panel (or show) he is on and do not want him to say the word

Georgia much less comment on our Dawgs!!!

FTMF....

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

Since when did anybody care one way or another what Dan Mullen had to say? Yeah I know he said good things about Georgia but after last year I think he has become irrelevant. Say good night Dan!