Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football now ranked No. 2 in AP Poll Top 25 Week 2 rankings

2»

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Holy smokes! I didn't even notice that. Florida wins a coin flip at home and goes from unranked to almost top 10. Man the voters are thirsty for some competition in the East.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, our schedule difficulty has changed now. We originally were playing the #11 tram, now they are 26th. Be rooting for them to start kicking butt and finish strong to make our win matter more. We now have 3 ranked, SEC East teams to go. This not only affects playoffs but it means that winning the East is no longer a certainty. Those games are all stacked at the end of the season for better or for worse.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The problem is that Bama did the same against the #24 team. The very idea of dropping a team after they win by 55 points is asinine.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

That would be an interesting discussion. (other teams that won the NC ranking). Granted it may show a lack of respect for all the YOUNG UNPROVEN players that will have to play this year on D. But isn't ranking a "prove it" system? Those guys may be great. UGA fans expect them to be great. Not proven yet. OR fans expected their players to compete last week. Some even expected their team to win. Fans will be fans.

But shouldn't we give the pollsters credit ? Last years team is not this years team. Look at what UGA lost. Historic. Look at what AL gained recruiting and from the TP. ON PAPER isn't that objective? Add in Saban (he IS still considered the GOAT by national media and fans) and you can understand the ranking logic even if you don't agree.

Bottom line? Much ado about nothing. #1 ranking and $4 still won't get you a grande expresso at Starbucks.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Blah, Blah, Blah, you talk about Reality at the end of your disgusting diatribe. Well here’s a Reality for You, at the top of this web site it says DawgNation. Not some other team. And YEAH I’m Absolutely Emotional about Our Beloved Bulldogs which We simply refer to as Dawgs. Because I Do Love Them. And though I don’t mind fans from rival teams coming here and offering their opinions and even Constructive criticism. I Very Much resent Trolls like YOU coming here and Bashing at every attempt and then to try to offset it a little by offering a tiny smidgen of Very Condescending credit along the way to try to throw Real Dawgs fans off of what your really doing. The Only Real reasons YOU come here is to Bash and Try to portray yourself as a College Football Teacher. So you might not be a Mud Lizard Troll after all, you Might be a Bama troll. Many of them Wrongly Think that based on Saban’s success they automatically are Better and More Intelligent than other College Football fans. They fancy themselves as Teachers to the rest of us. That seems to fit you, pretty good so Yeah your probably a Bama Troll.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with the media feeling like they have to show love to Bama and Saban!

unbelievable!

Congrats on your upvote badge!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    edited September 2022

While I certainly can’t speak for all Dawgs fans. And I sure don’t profess to. I think that some might feel the same way I do. And that is No this early in the season the rankings really don’t mean that much, it’s the obvious Bias that irks Me and I think some other Dawgs fans. And it’s not Just the rankings it’s the IF it was Bama shoe on the other foot sort of thing. Yes, Yes, I’m acutely aware that Saban has been very successful at Bama. But they get the benefit of the doubt on pretty much Anything 99% of the time. Our Dawgs just won the Ntl. Title and in Spite Of having lost allot of great talent should have been preseason #1. Like I said earlier and forgive me for wearing this out but I believe it to be True, had Bama lost Much More in terms of great players they would Still be ranked #1. So When UGA starts winning Nattys allot Will that force these folks to give the Dawgs more credit ?? Y’all already know this but KS has achieved Allot of accomplishments while at UGA other than winning the Natty. I thought surely After He/UGA won it more respect would come His & the Dawgs way. And Yes some has but not as much as other teams in previous years. SO I guess the thing is for UGA to just Keep Winning, and They WILL and cram it down the media folks throats !! Go Dawgs !! GATA !!

• Options

That is exactly what @Loranwhaddayagot is talking about…

It is the lack of respect for UGA in the media by pumping up the other teams in the East to create the “potential” for upsets….that is, the “possibility/hope that other East teams will give UGA a game/upset because the media doesn’t believe or want UGA to be on top!

In fact, I was surprised UF was not ranked preseason for this very reason!

ok, rant over……I’m off my soapbox!

Go Dawgs!

• Options

Aw Gosh Thank You !!! Great To Be A Dawgs Fan !! Hope You & Family have a Very Happy & Healthy Season !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

Hey, I like it! Don’t hold back…..tell’em what you really think! 🤣

Go Dawgs!

• Options

You are spot on !! Right as rain !! But the media and our rivals better Get Used To It because Kirby and our Dawgs are gonna Bring It !! W’s on Saturday after Saturday right on into post season play !! They hate us for a reason Lol !! 😀

• Options
  • Options