Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Former Georgia players Latavious Brini and Matt Landers help lift Arkansas over South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 11,039 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia players Latavious Brini and Matt Landers help lift Arkansas over South Carolina

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Arkansas fans might want to send a thank-you card to the Georgia football program after their win over South Carolina.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Speaking of former players, I noticed that Jermaine Burton had 10 yards yesterday. That output was 7th best for Bama and would have made him our 11th best receiver yesterday. Glad to see he is lighting it up. 😉 Go Dawgs!!!

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Interesting comment yesterday from the Pittboss on Landers. I always thought he **** here because he didn't care. Maybe he was always to hard on himself. Great that Brini is flourishing!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT had a fairly rough day,, too..

I guess we can scratch off the following names of former Dawgs that Mike Griffith likes to report on, as losses to Smart's program...JT Daniels, Jermaine Burton. LOL

I said, after the Spring Games, that BAMA is not as "great" as Sports Media figures were projecting. One of their quotes...."this could possibly be Saban's best team". Many, including Saban, pointed to the 2021 season as a rebuilding year. That was hilarious, considering the number of Transfer-players that took over starting roles in 2022. They WILL lose at least 1, if not 2 or 3 games this year and may miss the SECCG.

Arkansas may be the surprise of the West, so, I get why MG felt the need to report on Brini and Landers' contribution. I like everything about the Razorbacks, including their HC.

• RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Landers made a catch you better check his gloves for Stickum.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brini left UGA for 2 reasons 1) he was beaten out by Poole and 2) he refused to compete to gain his starting spot back. He transferred to find the easy way to the field yet is only starting (for Ark!) because of an injury. He wasn't all in for UGA. Hence gone, replaced and forgotten.

Landers had a whopping 45 yds on 4(!) catches. McConkey had 37 ....on 1 catch. DBell had a TD in his 2nd college game. BTW that matches Landers career total in 2 seasons at UGA. I don't think Landers would've been happy being behind: AD, Ladd, MRJ, ASmith, Dom, KJ, Meeks, D'Ny, Bell, BBow and AGil at receiver. I hope Matt enjoys his last season playing football.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

For those that wondered about how JTD did. He had a really solid day. Played against a higher competition level than UGA did. Behind an OL that is not even close to the UGA OL. With weapons that pale in comparison to UGA's weapons.

JTD 28/40 70.0% 359 9.0 3 1 0 0 165.1

SBIV 24/34 70.6% 300 7.8 1 0 1 17 154.4

Unfortunately JT's D gave up 55 pts and WVU lost in OT. Interesting that the immobile statue was not sacked with 40 pass attempts.