Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why No. 1-ranked Georgia doesn’t need wake-up call for South Carolina game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageWhy No. 1-ranked Georgia doesn’t need wake-up call for South Carolina game

ATHENS — Georgia lost to South Carolina the last time these teams had a noon kickoff, but there’s no reason to think these Bulldogs need a wake-up call.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The dawgs have a long way to go to reach the top this year. They are very young - and they were pretty bad Saturday. They don't need the rat poison fed to them daily. They need to work hard

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bad? Did you watch Alabama, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, etc.

Yes, the Dawgs need to work hard. As always.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The SC game will be a good test. Like Bama at Texas.

The Dawgs will be on the road. Hostile crowd - Ga being SC's second biggest rival. SC has a 5-ster QB who's capable of doing some damage. It will be a good test for a young defense.

We'll see if the Dawgs are better prepared.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

My prayer every week is that our Lord and Creator bless each player. That each team play to the best of their training and ability and that no player suffer a debilitating injury, and that the best team win the competition. From my observations the past two weeks, the Dawgs will win.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think you can compare Texas to Samford as far as competition level. Texas is an ascending program IMHO. Probably at this stage of the game better than South Carolina. For sure, much, much better than Samford.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh, oh LOL. I misunderstood. You meant a LITERAL wake up call as opposed to what I assumed you meant as in a "wake up call" after last week's snooze-fest on Offense.

I'm not worried about the time of the game since we were asleep for the 4:00 game last Saturday and that was at home. I'm hoping that we DID get the "wake up call" (I'm sure Bama did) and I'm hoping to see us execute better across the board.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, people, last week WAS INDEED a bad game. If we had played against a tougher team, it could've easily been a loss. We went 5 out of 13 on 3rd downs. Bennett did decent stat-wise at 24/34 with 300 yards and 1 TD and 0 INT, but compared to a much stronger Oregon team he went 25/31 with 368 yards and 2 TDs. He also had that very bad sack trying to dance away. Beck went 5/7 but had a fumble. Gilbert made another penalty in limited playing time. Only 1 sack, 0 INTs.

But that's okay, because I'm sure Smart "let them have it" after showing what a low energy practice can relate to the game. I'm predicting that we'll have a much better showing against Carolina.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Was Samford a bad game or just a game that wasn’t entertaining? As fans we are not privy to what the coaches were trying to accomplish. I agree that SBIV had a couple of boneheaded mistakes. kind of like watching an older brother toy with his younger sibling-

• Options
    ancelyancely Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    ancelyancely Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

Watching the bama game you will see several blatant no calls that gave them the game

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Indeed! The most puzzling - how many non-calls for PI against the Bama secondary in the first quarter - when Ewers was shredding the secondary - took at least one TD off the board. Then - as if the officials got a call from someone and at the same time as Ewers was knocked out of the game - the officials started calling PI the way they should've been doing it the whole game.

Yet, another game where Bama was helped by the officials. Boy does that happen a lot!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not to mention the Bryce Young effect, kinda eerie how his fumbles always seem to be overturned as incomplete passes and a missed facemask call which would have given Texas a first and goal instead of having to kick a field goal.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I usta love the noon Dawg games back in the day. I lived easy walk from the stadium (actually the tracks). I'd sleep in til 10ish, get up, pack my backpack (had a little Styrofoam cooler that would just hold a tallboy six-pack and some ice and a sammich and march off to the game. But that's just me.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who will step up within the ranks of the WRs..AD MItchell will likely not start against SC? It is almost a given a WR was going to get hurt in a no-contest game. And, it appears his injury is more severe than we were led to believe initially...maybe they really didn't know? Did he practice today?

SC crowd will be in force...noon or night...they will be there. UGA will have to play through the din.

SC has some banged-up players...UGA should dominate.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, I love your work for DawgNation, but why are you giving this crook a forum here? Let some other program rehab this guy. I honestly have zero interest in anything Jeremy Pruitt has to say.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Olddawg76

Just like our beloved ex-OL coach Sam Pittman said about getting a cold beer after Arkansas' victory over SC Saturday, I'm sure you may have well enjoyed that 6 pack, but in line with Sam's addendum to his voiced choice of libations, you are not "promoting it".