Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC instructs Georgia football to not play home-and-home against Oklahoma

SystemSystem Posts: 10,424 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageSEC instructs Georgia football to not play home-and-home against Oklahoma

Georgia’s marquee non-conference game may be no more, the SEC has instructed Georgia, along with Tennessee, to not play its home-and-home against the Sooners. Georgia was scheduled to visit Oklahoma on Sept. 9 next season, with Oklahoma returning in 2031.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Home and home with an 8 year void . Really?

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sounds like 2023 is already being scheduled with Texas and Oklahoma. 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let’s see…Oklahoma or Ball State? The season ticket holders get stuck with another crummy home game. You telling us about contractual obligations while you’re nullifying a contractual obligation? The “It just means more” slogan applies to money, not fans. Fans don’t mean anything to Greg Sanky and the Old Boy cronies lining their pockets.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This bites! SO, NOW we've got an even easier cupcake schedule in 2023....UT Martin, Ball State, and UAB. Egads. Bring on App State and Marshall instead!! At least we've got to play Lane's boys from Ole Miss at home as our cross-division game.

Well, I'll be hiking in the Italian Dolomites next early September, so no need to setup the DVR for Ball State!

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Next year was supposed to be at Oklahoma in Norman. What we are giving up is a chance to take over Norman, OK for a home game with Ball State. We weren’t supposed to host Oklahoma in Athens until 2031 anyway.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That sucks. I sympathize with those with tickets, but you certainly can't blame anyone at Georgia. We are talking about a 2023, not 5 years from now. I'm sure the Oklahoma game was set years ago and I'm sure there aren't many major programs that haven't bothered to set a schedule for next year yet.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like OK/TX might be coming in by 2024 if not sooner next year. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After this year and what we stand to lose at various positions, with the draft, TP and eligibility attrition...that schedule looks pretty doggone good to me. The Dawgs will need time to train some of their pups to take over key roles, on both sides of the ball, next year.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, and it is a “bonus” home game that I can give to my kids 😉

Doesn’t hurt as much since Oklahoma was an away game.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Proofreading? Georgia did not play Oregon this PAST season. They played them two game ago THIS season. SMH.