Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Heisman Hype is real: Georgia QB Stetson Bennett delivers in highlight-friendly 48-7 win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageThe Heisman Hype is real: Georgia QB Stetson Bennett delivers in highlight-friendly 48-7 win

COLUMBIA — The Heisman Trophy hype is real for Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett, and he hasn’t even played in the fourth quarter of a game this season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Keep it up Stetson. This is becoming a story for the football ages.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome performance by him, but I think Heisman is something else. He will wind up with endless awards, but I'm not sure he'll be a significant candidate for Heisman, no matter what happens.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love the clips that are embedded in the story! The TD to Bowers may be as perfect a pass as I have seen! If a QB wins the Heisman, he will not have a better pass completion for a touchdown. Absolutely a magnificent job on both ends!

• Options
    Nickelsonx1Nickelsonx1 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

At so point gotta move on from talking about walking on. Especially if you’re writing for DAWGS!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I disagree. Being a former walkon will always be part of Stetson’s story—it is some of what makes his story cool!

• Options
    ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I remember when it felt like I was the only person who defended the coaches' move to start Stetson over anyone else last year. I've also said all offseason long, that Stetson Bennett is a legitimate Heisman contender and this year's GA offense will be crazy good and will be the offensive version of their defense from last year. People called me crazy when I argued that GA destroyed a very good Oregon team, who will be top 10 in the nation and will probably win the PAC 12....by season's end. It appears everything is shaping up to exactly what I said. GA will make history by winning the National Championship 3 years in a row next season.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Obviously, the leaders will change as the season wears on. Right now, though, it's between Stroud, Caleb Williams and SBIV.

That Bennett's odds are still worse than Bryce Young's is ridiculous -- just a remnant of preseason preconceptions.

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Ugh. I can't stand the Heisman now. QBs aren't athletes! They're usually just one step above kickers and punters. The Heisman is just a stat show now. Stet isn't dropping long ball dimes, he's pitching the ball and letting the runner do the work. Hell, put McIntosh for Heisman! He's the one making defenders miss and taking all those hits. Imagine a RB sliding to avoid a hit! The horror!

JC for the Heisman! #88!!

• Options
    WebslingrWebslingr Posts: 184 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well Chew....hope ur soothsaying success continues...at least a couple more years:)