Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Comparing 2022 Georgia to 2021 version: What Shane Beamer -- and the numbers -- say

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageComparing 2022 Georgia to 2021 version: What Shane Beamer -- and the numbers -- say

ATHENS — South Carolina coach Shane Beamer put Georgia’s growth and differences from a season ago into perspective.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

the only thing I would like to see is more QB pressure and sacks. other than that, i feel this team is ahead of last year's team at this point.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People keep talking about the lack of sacks. I would like to see more, as well.

Pressuring the QB into throwing the ball away is the next best thing, both prevent any offensive production for the play. The defense seems to be getting plenty of those. That's a big reason for the abysmal QB ratings of the first three QB's the Dawgs have faced.

I think the defense will continue to improve. I'm amazed they're playing this well this soon. It's a great time to be a Georgia Bulldog.

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Mondon has to play better. I saw several times when he took a bad angle and allowed opposing players to get around him and gained extra yards. He is nowhere close to Dean level yet. Defensively, I think our secondary is better than last year. But the front 7 has a little way to go.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good read Mike G. !! Thanks for this info. !! I agree with my two fellow Dawgs fans who have posted here thus far. Sacks are Fun to watch !! But I Love the INTs we’ve seen so far even more !! More please !! Obviously the last two stats are the most important when it comes to winning another Natty though !! But I fully Get that when our Dawgs face even higher caliber teams they will probably Need to make more sacks Along With the INTs to help assure the W. It Really is amazing though that this Defense is so far clicking along so good !! We pretty much knew the Offense would be pretty potent with all the weapons in that unit. But who would’ve thought the Defense would be This good, This early ?? It’s a big Credit to the Coaches and to the players work ethics and motivation !! Yep, is surely IS a great time to be a Georgia Bulldog !! Gooooo Dawgs !!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed! Bo Nix and Rattler we’re running for their respective lives all game long.

It was their athletic ability which kept them from being sacked. Guarantee that Rattler, especially, woke up hurting from all the hits he received just as he released the ball. And Bo Nix got in a lot of practice in throwing the ball away due to the pressure he was getting and the coverage of his receivers by our improving secondary.

Not disappointed in our “new look” defense at all…..

Something to be truly feared!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thank you God for Kirby Smart

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sacks and pressure have been an issue in recent years(not last year), so hopefully that will pick up. It is a must against the better QB's and offenses. That being said, WOW! So far so freakin AWESOME! I mean we couldn't have realistically hoped for anything better than this start to the season...not even this good, truth be told.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What does Takeo Spikes say?

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Statistical analysis is pretty pointless after two not-very-good teams and one so-so team in the first game of the season. This perspective will be just a tad more useful after the seventh or eighth game of the season.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I disagree with part of what you said, but agree we'll know a lot more by season's end.

Check out another opinion about our victory over the Gamecõcks in this article.

I agree with that point of view. Having rewatched the game several times South Carolina looks pretty good.

But, yes, we have a long way to go, so I'm enjoying the ride, and not counting unhatched chickens. Neither am I neglecting to count the hatched chickens we just roasted.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm disappointed in the ability to generate a power running game even though we are not facing stacked defensive boxes to try and stop us. This is going to become a problem if the OL and Milton don't figure things out pretty soon.

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

@street0123 I guess you're real fun at parties. Learn to enjoy moments, life will give you enough real things to worry about without you making up problems.