Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following Week 3 beatdown of South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 10,668 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following Week 3 beatdown of South Carolina

Georgia football picked up a big win over South Carolina on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love it! In three or four years, the Dawgs will have won multiple championships and the Gators will be hyping their most recent new head coach

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL, I like how you think, sir! Hate on gators!

Love how Connor brought the gator hate in this winner/ loser article!

Go Dawgs! National Champions! 1942, 1980, 2021 and ????

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anyone going to mention that UGA's starting RBs barely have 200 rushing yards between them after 3 games (with the bulk of it being Milton's 85 yards against Samford)? Also, Darnell Washington, Dominick Blaylock and Arik Gilbert have 7 catches for 107 yards and 0 TDs between them. So, is UGA recruiting 5 star and top 100 players to Athens to serve as decoys?

Making fun of Richardson because he was being hyped as a Heisman candidate and draft pick - attention that UGA fans want SB IV to get - a couple of weeks ago is cute but the truth is that Richardson is a redshirt sophomore and first year starter in a new offense on a terrible team. He can play 2 seasons after this one if he wants and his knowledge of the offense and the talent around him will improve.

By contrast those top 100 players above would all enter the draft after this season given their 'druthers. What UGA is currently doing on offense isn't going to allow them to do so. It is still early, granted, but Richardson actually is on track to have as many or more yards and TDs as any of the guys mentioned above (as is KJ Jefferson of Arkansas). So you may laugh now, but if this keeps up absolutely nobody is going to be laughing on draft day. Which, of course, matters on future national signing days.

These guys should come back for 2023? That's the thing: no one has any idea what the offense is going to look like next year. Especially since when Carson Beck does enter the lineup they run the same offense as they do with Bennett. If nothing else, I don't want to hear anyone complain "UGA is being disrespected because they don't recognize us as tailback U anymore despite our long tradition and how well we recruit the position" because it certainly doesn't seem that anyone cares that Milton and McIntosh are on pace to rush for 800 and 300 yards.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Connor Riley when I saw that play with Dillon Bell looking over his head during the game, I actually thought he was trying to fake out the DB covering him. But after looking at it again, I agree with you. He had no idea that Brock had the ball. On another note, though, after Bower scored, was I the only one who almost had two heart attacks when Bowers did the old chest bump with someone and fell to the ground? I really, REALLY wish Kirby would ban that particular celebration. I can just see someone being seriously injured celebrating a meaningless TD in a blowout. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The theory that you're a troll from another fan base has been a pretty popular one. I've never been all that sure, myself. I mean it's been clear for some time now that you're something of an insufferable contrarian, more concerned with producing a veneer of knowledgeable objectivity than actually constructing coherent arguments. But I never noticed anything that struck me as direct evidence that you support a rival program.

Then came this hypersensitive, and laughable, defense of Richardson - coupled with what can only be described as a bitter and aimless attempt to take Georgia down a peg - and look at that, you've finally convinced someone of something!