Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Desmond Howard: ‘Pump the brakes’ on Stetson Bennett Heisman Trophy hype

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageDesmond Howard: ‘Pump the brakes’ on Stetson Bennett Heisman Trophy hype

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Desmond Howard has been impressed with Georgia football so far, but he says ‘pump the breaks’ on Heisman Hype surrounding Stetson Bennett.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Agreed 1000%!

Its amazing how Hendon Hooker for example appears to be all world in his handling of the fast paced offense of Tennessee and, in the same conversation, he has a "wait and see" attitude for Stetson Bennett "cause its only been 3 games".....Wow!

Let's see, remembering correctly, Stetson led his team to a National Championship, whooping Tennessee in the process....Oh, yeah that's right....!

He also said that the Florida team that we saw in the first three games "is not the same one" as we will see tomorrow.... Why are they getting props!?

Finally, he does give credit for UGA "doing what they are supposed to do" against "sub par" competition....I guess the number eleven team in the nation should be considered sub par and that we should be glad that "we didn't play down" to their sub par level, Right!?.....Wow again!

So I guess Bama shouldn't get any credit for not "doing what they were supposed to do" in the Texas game, huh Desmond!?

Unbelievable! Talking Heads just want to make me punch something....

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does Howard have a vote?

edited September 2022

Okay, listening to Rece Davis REALLY calmed me down.

He was practically gushing in his effusive praise of Stetson!

Need to watch the imbedded video in the article....... the printed word just doesn't do it justice!

Go Dawgs!

• UlbrandtUlbrandt Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Look at Desmond's pre-season playoff picks. That's all you need to know about this clown. Dude is more interested in firing off hot takes and seemingly going against the grain.

edited September 2022

Well-stated post!

I agree that a more ambivalent headline would have fit the article better, but maybe that would not have incited quite the "virulent" responses posed by myself and others in this thread!! 🤣🤣

This one got me, I have to admit!!! Also, I didn't realize I had misspelled "Rece" till I read your post!!! Thanks! I corrected it!! 😁

Go Dawgs! National Champions 1942,1980, 2021 and ????

• Scottdobbs01Scottdobbs01 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Yeah the same Desmond Howard who had Pitt and Texas A&M in the playoff... Are we sure he's not on the panel for comedy relief even if he doesn't realize his opinion "is the joke"?

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How many TD's could SB have had all last season if only Kirby had let him feast in the 4th quarter when we had a big lead? More than likely another 10-12. It may be the same again this year, good for the team(we'll have a big lead and our back-up QB(s)will get tons of practice in real game situations) but not so good for SB's Heisman chances.

Heisman voters tend to think of the guy who threw the winning TD with seconds left in the 4th quarter. BUt Stetson will be doing that in the 1st and 2nd quarters.